Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Training Multiples?
BabyMonkeys 02:04 PM 03-22-2016
I made the "brilliant" decision to start potty training my two 26m and my 20m dcb. They caught on right away. I feel like I spend the entire day in the bathroom though! When one has to go, they all have to go, of course. They do pull down and up their own pull-ups, get on the seat, get off the seat and wash their hands all by themselves. At least once an hour we have a potty parade, which takes a minimum of 15 min, most of the time more. They do all actually go though. The big boys will stay dry, with the exception of nap.

The thing that is the most annoying is that they will very rarely go for their parents at home. I'm pretty sure it is because the parents insist on asking if they want to use the potty instead of letting them make the decision. I never ask them, but they sure do make it known when they want to go.

Is it normal to have to spend so much time in the bathroom? Is it normal to let them tell me they have to go once an hour?
I am so over this whole potty thing, I want to tell them the potty is broken!
Blackcat31 02:25 PM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by BabyMonkeys:
I made the "brilliant" decision to start potty training my two 26m and my 20m dcb. They caught on right away. I feel like I spend the entire day in the bathroom though! When one has to go, they all have to go, of course. They do pull down and up their own pull-ups, get on the seat, get off the seat and wash their hands all by themselves. At least once an hour we have a potty parade, which takes a minimum of 15 min, most of the time more. They do all actually go though. The big boys will stay dry, with the exception of nap.

The thing that is the most annoying is that they will very rarely go for their parents at home. I'm pretty sure it is because the parents insist on asking if they want to use the potty instead of letting them make the decision. I never ask them, but they sure do make it known when they want to go.

Is it normal to have to spend so much time in the bathroom? Is it normal to let them tell me they have to go once an hour?
I am so over this whole potty thing, I want to tell them the potty is broken!
I know there is a ton of advice, comments and opinions about potty training out there and all of it seems a bit different than the next but here's what I personally know to be true:

Tags:potty training, potty training question
Reply Up