Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Why Do You Become A DayCare Provider?
Unregistered 10:26 PM 05-20-2009
I don't even know how I found this site but I got hooked reading some of your threads. Oh...My...Goodness. You all must be very loving and caring folks! To care for the little rug rats all day then to be treated so badly by the parents. I'm sure it's like anything else, they are not all bad. But there are some really sad disrespectful stories on here. Thank goodness for the responsible parents, hey?

Thanks for all you do! Keep America working.
mac60 03:49 AM 06-02-2009
I became a dc provider when we lost care for my 2 schoolage kids many years ago. It had always been in the back of my mind to do this profession, and after working 21 years at the same company and dealing with poor management there, I made the decision to open a dc in my home.

I operate a very good quality program. I am always full. My dc kids get good meals, have fun and do lots of activities. I do a preschool progrm since I do not transport. I have a fenced yard with nice activities for them. I offer hugs, lots of love, and truly enjoy what I do. I run my daycare as a business.

What I don't like about the job is the long hours, the no benefits, no vacation pay, I don't like dealing with those that abuse my policies and having to deal with that part of the business. There are a lot of cost that I did not factor in when I started my busness. The pay isn't the best, and my days are very long. But in the end, it is what I do and I love it.
Former Teacher 05:43 AM 06-02-2009
I actually became a provider by accident. My mother years ago told me after I graduated HS I must find a job. Through a friend of a friend, who was going back to college, I started to work PT at the center. Within a week, I was promoted to FT.

I was at the center my entire adult life. I recently left due to several personal issues. However I was at my nearly 20 years and I worked my way up from being PT to FT all the way up to Assistant Director.

I loved my work and the children. Over the years I grew close to a number of families, which I will always cherish.

Do I miss the stress? NO. Do I miss the low pay? NO. Do I miss the no benefits? NO. Do I miss the children? YES. Because the way I see it, yes it wasn't the best paying job in the world. Yes it had no benefits and things like that. But I got paid with hugs and kisses and all that good stuff!
Tags:insurance, services
Reply Up