Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice on Influenza B
BlueChairBlessings 11:14 AM 02-05-2020
Hoping for some advice on what you would do! I have 6 young toddlers (3 families) in my care. My own 10 yo suddenly became ill and tested positive for influenza b last night. I closed today (younger son is home with a double ear infection, too) but seeking recommendations for when to re-open. I don't want to inconvenience my families, but I also want to keep their kids healthy (and be able to care for my own babe, who is miserable). Of course, money is an issue and I'm a single mom so it's not like anyone else can help out. In other sick times (strep, etc), I just keep him quarantined and stay open, but he's really sick. The friends/family I have that are dealing with this strain are telling me it's like a 5-7 fever/illness 😲 Advice?
Ariana 11:51 AM 02-05-2020
I closed for 3 days (Wed-Fri) when my daughter got Flu B and Strep at the same time. I also got Strep. It was ridiculous. At that point I could have cared less what the parents thought about it! So from Wednesday to the following Monday off.
LittleExplorers 12:01 PM 02-05-2020
I closed W-the following Monday. My kids come first and I would expect families to be out for 5-7 days. It's not worth the risk of spreading germs and my son is in 5th grade.
Ac114 01:30 PM 02-05-2020
My kids just got over being sick with the flu. It’s hit our whole city pretty hard with several schools closing because teachers are out, half the school is out etc. however, my husband had to take off Monday and Tuesday, I closed weds and Thursday and he had to take off Friday. My oldest was down for 6 days before he could even get out of bed and my 2 year old was down for 4. I would close the remainder of the week especially since it’s the flu and I think your families will appreciate you more than anything to not get their kids sick as well.
rosieteddy 02:05 PM 02-05-2020
Close the rest of the week.Reopen Monday .
Valerie928 03:17 PM 02-05-2020
My son tested positive last week. I just kept him quarantined, made sure he had everything he needed. Just an FYI, my son had the flu vaccine this year. Not a match but because he had it, his illness was not too bad.
BlueChairBlessings 10:27 AM 02-06-2020
Thanks for your advice, everyone! I went ahead and closed until Mon.
Tags:influenza b
Reply Up