Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Open House/Family Night
sunny 08:10 AM 04-11-2012
We are looking to hold an open house in May and we will also invite current members and encourage them to bring guests. The point is to increase our numbers for Summer Camp and next school year. Any suggestions on how to advertise, activities to plan and time frame would be helpful.
This is a facility not a home daycare for kids ages 2.5-5. Currently my plans are to offer ice cream, have a face painter, set up an arts and crafts table and open up the playground. I was thinking of having it from 5:30-7 on a weeknight. Is this enough????
Heidi 01:15 PM 04-11-2012
years ago, we did an "art show" night.

I emptied my livingroom, and we displayed the children's art work with little tags like at museums. My teenage nephew walked around with "champagne" (ginger ale) in plastic glasses, and the kids all dressed up with feather boas, pearls, etc. We played classical music, and also had h'duerves (sp).

Maybe you could use some of that for your open house?
MrsB 06:42 PM 04-11-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
years ago, we did an "art show" night.

I emptied my livingroom, and we displayed the children's art work with little tags like at museums. My teenage nephew walked around with "champagne" (ginger ale) in plastic glasses, and the kids all dressed up with feather boas, pearls, etc. We played classical music, and also had h'duerves (sp).

Maybe you could use some of that for your open house?
This is such a cute idea! I'm stealing it.

Random story, one time when our family went to a fancy restaurant, my son asked "mom what are hoardeee ovaries" really loud. I think everyone within hearing distance was rolling on the floor! So now our family calls them that.
Reply Up