Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Some UUUURRRRR"S of the Day!
Country Kids 01:33 PM 07-19-2012
Child that has the whiniest voice (nails on chalkboard) and repeats things over and over!

Child (4 years old) can't eat corn on the cob! Ask me to take it off for them. I didn't because at that age why wouldn't you be able to eat corn on the cob!? This child doesn't like most fruits/vegetables as it its.

The noise level! I'm actually noticing that I have to make the kids be totally quiet if someone is trying to talk to me and not looking at me directly. My hearing has gone done consiterably since I started this group 2 years ago!
Bookworm 02:03 PM 07-19-2012
The child that asks the same question 50 different ways even after you have given the answers twice.

The child that cannot go to any center for 5 min without tearing it up and harassing other kids and then looks confused when he has to leave that center.

UUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR-there I'm better now.
brookeroo 07:28 PM 07-19-2012
"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke...."

"Shhhhhhh! I'm trying to put the baby to sleep, what do you need?"

"uhm...uhm....uhm.... she told me a lie"

--------------
"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke.... I need help"

-----

"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....can I have a snack?"

"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....can I have another snack?"

"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....you forgot my milk"

-------

"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....I need back inside"
"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....can I go back outside"
"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....I want to come inside"
"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....can I go downstairs"

----------------

"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....he hit me"

and it continues.....
Needless to say... I am SICK of hearing my name..........................
Hunni Bee 07:35 PM 07-19-2012
-Ms. Bee, Ms. Bee, Ms. Bee, Ms-

-Yes?!

-DCG looked at me, and then I looked at her, and she said why you looking at me, and I said because you looked at me, and she-

-What are you telling me, babe?

-.....DCG looked at me mean.

X1000. Every day. All day. Same kid.

UUUUUURRRRRRRRR....
Bookworm 07:40 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by brookeroo:
"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke...."

--------------
"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke.... I need help"

-----

"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....can I have a snack?"

"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....can I have another snack?"

"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....you forgot my milk"

-------

"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....I need back inside"
"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....can I go back outside"
"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....I want to come inside"
"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....can I go downstairs"

----------------

"Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooke, Broooooooooke, Broooooooooooooooke....he hit me"

and it continues.....
Needless to say... I am SICK of hearing my name..........................

spud912 08:12 PM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by brookeroo:

This happens to me ALL DAY LONG (of course with my name )!!!!!
juliebug 08:20 PM 07-19-2012
the noise level and the 2 babies on the same schedule and want to eat at the same time so one is crying while i am feeding the other.

The abusive 5yr dcg ughhh!
GretasLittleFriends 08:21 PM 07-19-2012
We (for the first time ever) took a family vacation for 10 days. I was closed 7/4 to 7/15. This week has been an adjustment back for everyone.

DCB 3 (almost 4) is usually one of my best kids. He's been in time out twice a day each day that he's here. He rarely is ever in time out. Maybe twice a month. His other new favorite thing to do is to question everything I tell him/ask him to do.

Me: *Johnny please go wash your hands for lunch.
*Johnny: Why?

(During morning nap)
Me: Everybody, lets remember our inside voices the baby is sleeping.

(End of the day)
Me: Come on *Johnny, let's go downstairs and get your shoes on, your mom is here.

This is just 3 examples, but it has been constant all week. Very glad tomorrow is Friday!!!
littlemisssunshine 10:19 PM 07-19-2012
lol story of my life!!! gosh it can be annoying...
Sunshine74 11:10 PM 07-19-2012
When they do exactly what you told the other child not to do.

Me- "We are not stopping to pick up sticks on our walk home from the park."
DCB(5) instantly stopped and picked up a stick.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 04:52 AM 07-20-2012
The high pitch screams just because. No reason just stands there and will scream and then laugh.... I'm gonna need ear plugs soon.
Daycarelady1979 09:15 AM 07-23-2012
Ha! These are great! Glad to see I'm not alone
Atroya 11:44 AM 07-23-2012
I have a 6yr old DC boy that needs get my attention by saying my name, and telling me something that is either COMPLETELY obvioius, or is just narrating everything that is either going on in whatever they are all doing, or on the tv show they are watching. I hear my name from him about 100 times a day, 99 of those times it is for something I do not need to hear about. All this in a whiney voice. When he started here, he was addicted to Caillou, and sounded EXACTLY like Caillou, even the way he laughs. Drives me CRAZY! No longer watches Caillou, but still sounds like him.

Also have a 2 yr old DC boy that is SPOILED. He will not play on his own, and when he does interact with any toys, it is by sitting on them, laying on them, or stepping on them. I am constantly having to tell him to get off of things, but he never learns, so I am guessing it is allowed at home. He also tries to sit, lay on, and push his head into the other kids. He is apparently allowed to do that at home also. He will go to sleep for the parents at a decent time(he is allowed to watch tv in his room at bedtime) so their answer last week was to limit him to one 1 hour nap a day....rather than shut the tv off. He screams when they shut the tv off. So....he is tired, crabby, and when I get him up from his nap, he tries to go to sleep on the floor in the living room. I have told his parents this, but they do not seem to care, as long as he goes to sleep early for them. (He is for some reason also not in his own room, he is in his 7 yr old sister's room, and yes, there is a room for him but they have just not put him in it yet, last I knew it was because they did not have a tv they could put in there yet) She comes in tired all the time too, especially during the school year. I debating on giving him longer naps, I feel sorry for him.
Reply Up