Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rolling Eyes.....She's His Personal Assistant
hwichlaz 11:39 AM 06-08-2017
I got a text from someone a couple of days ago asking about a summer opening. Yesterday morning I told her I only have space Mon-Wed
So she texts back this morning with her boyfriend's phone number asking me to call him because it's for his kid.
um
no

but thanks for the warning
Blackcat31 12:45 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I got a text from someone a couple of days ago asking about a summer opening. Yesterday morning I told her I only have space Mon-Wed
So she texts back this morning with her boyfriend's phone number asking me to call him because it's for his kid.
um
no

but thanks for the warning
I have no words.

My DH used to run a small executive golf course.

One afternoon, a woman came in and asked to fill out an application for employment.

For her son.

My DH asked why her son wasn't applying on his own and the woman replied "He's sleeping in. He was out late last night and asked me if I would job hunt for him."

My DH just said "Oh okay".

When she left, he immediately tossed the application in the trash.

This reoccurred several times over a summer until one day the woman came in and said "Why haven't you called Jr? He is really wanting to work here."

My DH said "I did. He must have been sleeping though because he didn't answer. We have filled the position."

My DH never actually called him and as far as I know the lady never came back but Golly Gee Beav... I can't imagine what that mother was thinking her actions said about her parenting style.
happymom 02:12 PM 06-08-2017
When my husband and I were dating and we had a roommate who lost his job, I saw a "now hiring" sign at the local Arby's and asked for an application for my roommate --- they wouldn't give me one and asked if I was going to come to work for him too!
Pestle 09:24 PM 06-08-2017
I was the assistant manager at a friend's store. A mom walked her teenage son into the store and asked for a job application while he slouched behind her and scowled. Odd, but we weren't hiring that day.
Ariana 05:39 AM 06-09-2017
I am sorry but going in cold and applying/asking for a job is a right of passage into adulthood. You can't just skip that step and get momma to do it.

On a seperate note I have 3 neighbours who have grown teenagers (boys) in their house and the parents still shovel the driveway and mow the lawn The part I am looking forward to the most about my kids getting older is the free labour
childcaremom 08:59 AM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I am sorry but going in cold and applying/asking for a job is a right of passage into adulthood. You can't just skip that step and get momma to do it.

On a seperate note I have 3 neighbours who have grown teenagers (boys) in their house and the parents still shovel the driveway and mow the lawn The part I am looking forward to the most about my kids getting older is the free labour
When mine complain about their chores I (mostly) jokingly tell them that's why I had them. And that they should be lucky that there are 4 of them so the chores are spread out.
trix23 03:53 PM 06-11-2017
OP, is that a red flag?
LysesKids 05:46 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
OP, is that a red flag?
I don't know about the OP, but it could be a sign of what's to come... Personally I need to meet both parents in person if they are both involved & in this case, where is the child's Biological mom if dad is looking for childcare; the girlfriend is making the first call, Why? Is there going to be court ordered documents involved, who is primary caretaker, is the girlfriend going to be dropping & Picking up? Lot's of extra "what if's" ya know. I would have expected the boyfriend, who needs care, to call me, not be told I have to call him... I don't chase down clients lol
hwichlaz 07:00 PM 06-11-2017
It's a red flag. If he's looking for childcare he can call me. I'm not going to chase him down and call him.
Tags:divorce - life after, divorced parents, single parents
Reply Up