Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Favorite Children's Book
lovemykidstoo 01:48 PM 09-23-2020
I am invited to a baby shower for my best friends daughter. She's having twin boys and instead of cards, she's asking for books. I don't want to get one that everyone else will get. What are your faves?
Tin Blues 01:58 PM 09-23-2020
Two of my favorite books to read to preschoolers is “I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More” by Karen Beaumont. And “Bedtime at the Swamp” by Kristyn Crow. Also love “Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree” by Eileen Christelow. And any of the books by Raffi that you can read and sing.
Bluemoon5 03:18 PM 09-23-2020
"Hello Day" by Anita Lobel has been a favorite of my littles for years. It's a very simple animal sounds book, but the pictures are nice and my babies always love it. Also, "Wow It's a Cow" and any of the "How Do Dinosaurs" books. We're big Pete the Cat fans too, especially the original three.
e.j. 03:28 PM 09-23-2020
I've always loved the Gyo Fujikawa books for their illustrations. Eric Carle board books are great. The books that are most popular here with the youngest kids are the books with photographs of babies and toddlers like those by Anne Geddes (Down in the Garden Alphabet Book, Garden Friends..) or Tom Arma (Baby Bugs, Tykeosaurs, Jingle Babies, Little Grown Ups...). The boys love anything car or construction related. It's hard to choose a favorite!
Unregistered 05:59 PM 09-23-2020
On the day you were born, by debra frasier
Flip flap fly, a book for babies everywhere, by phyllis root
Josiegirl 02:08 AM 09-24-2020
My favorites were always Sandra Boynton books, all of them.
Littlepeopleprovider 03:42 AM 09-24-2020
The favorites here are Little Blue Truck and all of the Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes (set of small hard books).
284878 05:47 AM 09-24-2020
My kids favorites are

Tumble Bumble
How much do I love you
Carrot seed
Monster at the end of this book
Little critters
Llama llama
Wacky Wednesday
Do not lick this book
rosieteddy 06:29 AM 09-24-2020
I liked "I love you the purplest."Two brothers and mom tells them how she loves both of them. Its a cute book and you can get it on Amazon.
Cat Herder 07:50 AM 09-24-2020
If it were my best friends shower (as I originally read it to be) I would go with Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach and Toddlers Are A**holes: It's Not Your Fault by Bunmi Laditan because that is what best friends do.

For my best friends daughter I'd probably go with God Gave Us Two by Lisa Tawn Bergren and Two is for Twins by Wendy Cheyette Lewison.
Rockgirl 08:52 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
If it were my best friends shower (as I originally read it to be) I would go with Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach and Toddlers Are A**holes: It's Not Your Fault by Bunmi Laditan because that is what best friends do.
There’s a YouTube video of Samuel L. Jackson reading the first one. It is GOLD!
Tags:book suggestions
Reply Up