Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>School Age Rates Non-School Day/ Parent Not Wanting to Pay
Unregistered 05:39 AM 01-17-2020
So I have a school age boy whose mom was nice enough to train to be my sub after my mom was on a terrible accident. But now I feel like she is trying to use it to her advantage. Non school days they are to pay the full rate, and now she taking days off work to stay home to not pay that rate. But today she said I'll give you 50$ today and if he decides to come Monday I'll bring you another $20.. how do I say to her the schedule for the next week needs to be determined on Friday. Not just as she pleases.. but again now she is my sub.. what would you do?
Blackcat31 07:10 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So I have a school age boy whose mom was nice enough to train to be my sub after my mom was on a terrible accident. But now I feel like she is trying to use it to her advantage. Non school days they are to pay the full rate, and now she taking days off work to stay home to not pay that rate. But today she said I'll give you 50$ today and if he decides to come Monday I'll bring you another $20.. how do I say to her the schedule for the next week needs to be determined on Friday. Not just as she pleases.. but again now she is my sub.. what would you do?
Why are blending the two?

Let her know she is a daycare parent when it comes to her child and your program policies. Schedules due on Friday. period.

Her substitution role has nothing to do with her as a client.

"Hey Sue, I know our agreement for you to be my sub is going great and I truly appreciate that you were able to do it but I have to remind you that you are still a daycare client when it comes to Johnny and child care services so I need to remind you that I still need your schedule on Friday so I can plan and prepare for the week. I'm sure you understand. Thanks!"
Reply Up