Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bus Stop Lines....
lilcupcakes09 06:01 AM 01-10-2012
need some ideas....which kids gets on the bus first??
This is our daily fight, I have the one kid, who is the oldest, who has to be first for everything!!! First to finish eating, first to the playroom, first out the door, and most of all-first on the bus, even if this mean shoving other kids out of the way or cutting the line. On a daily routine do you all have any ideas on how to load them up, how to pick which one goes first from day to day? It drives me crazy because he won't listen knowing that he is off to school and I can't discipline him for pushing others getting on the bus!
Unregistered 06:04 AM 01-10-2012
make up a weekly chart and rotate the kids' names. That way everyone can plainly see who is first each day for the week.
meganlavonnesmommy 06:09 AM 01-10-2012
In my home, the person that insists on being first, always goes last.

But you could pick a "line leader" each week. Use a chart with a picture of each child, or their name, and each week one of them gets to be the line leader. For the week they get to go first, then next week its someone elses turn.
And yes, you absolutely can discipline him for pushing while getting on the bus. You can tell him that if he pushes then he will lose a privledge when he gets home from school. Any school age child should be old enough to understand that.
melskids 06:19 AM 01-10-2012
Mine will bicker over everything. Who goes out the door first, who gets in the car first, who gets on the bus first, who gets to wash their hands first...etc....etc. And it can be frustrating, considering they are all 7, 8, and 9years old. you'd think it would be the little ones doing it. But ya gotta love the SA.

I give them each a number, and whoever's week it is gets to do it first, and then we follow in numerical order after that.

So say it's number 3's week.

3 goes first, then 4, ( i have 4 SA currently) then back to 1 and then 2.

then next week it would be #4's week to go first. so #1 would go second, #2 third...and so on...

and we just keep rotating in order.

its helped quite a bit.
Lilbutterflie 09:04 AM 01-10-2012
Choose a Daily Helper. Rotate them every day; the daily helper not only gets in line first; on bus first; but is generally the "helper" for all the activities that day. Rotating them daily instead of weekly means they don't have to wait weeks for their turn; they get to be the daily helper much more often.
bice99 09:35 AM 01-10-2012
Our bus company insists that the littler ones be in the front of the line, especially kindergarteners.
laundrymom 09:37 AM 01-10-2012
Yep. Youngest first. Down to the day or hour if need be.
mismatchedsocks 09:58 AM 01-10-2012
Id make him be last at everything until he can stop that behaviour! He would hold my hand when in bus line, i mean trampling kids?? not cool.

I do think maybe after the initial shock of him always being last, then have a leader of week, but how old is this kid?
sharlan 11:01 AM 01-10-2012
When loading the van, I always go youngest to eldest. The eldest helps get the younger kids in first.
SilverSabre25 12:44 PM 01-10-2012
Anyone who gets obsessed with being fist is immediately dropped to the bottom of the totem pole for a day or so until they get the message.

I make a point of mixing things up randomly (my kids are too young to understand a rotation) re: first/last, who sits where, who hangs their coat on which hook...the only thing that doesn't change is where they nap--because there are a couple I can't have close to each other!
Tags:bus, pecking order
Reply Up