Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick Policy w/Multiple Children in Family
Reimel61 06:38 AM 12-14-2017
What are your policies regarding dc children coming to your daycare if a sibling is sick? Do you require all the children from the family to stay home until illness passes?? Thanks
Blackcat31 06:46 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by Reimel61:
What are your policies regarding dc children coming to your daycare if a sibling is sick? Do you require all the children from the family to stay home until illness passes?? Thanks
I exclude only the sick child.

I will exclude a non-sick sibling IF the illness in the family is serious such as influenza.

I used to give a sibling discount and attached a policy of ALL siblings must stay home if one does but I no longer offer a sibling discount.
Cat Herder 06:52 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I exclude only the sick child.

I will exclude a non-sick sibling IF the illness in the family is serious such as influenza.

I used to give a sibling discount and attached a policy of ALL siblings must stay home if one does but I no longer offer a sibling discount.
Exactly this. That policy ended with the sibling discount.
e.j. 10:54 AM 12-14-2017
I try to subtly encourage families to keep all of their kids home if one is sick (especially if it's something like a stomach bug or other highly contagious illness) but I don't require it.
Reimel61 11:31 AM 12-14-2017
Thanks for the replies.
Mom2Two 11:40 AM 12-14-2017
Same as above--it's parent's call. Sometimes parents have a hard time caring for a sick child with another healthy one running around crazy at home, or maybe they're trying to work from home that day and are able to actually get some work done while tending a child who is sleeping off a fever.
Tags:sibling discount, sibling illness
Reply Up