Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Store Your Blankets And Sheets?
sahm1225 11:36 AM 12-05-2011
We use cots so we have the fitted sheets stored in individual ziplock bags. The blankets are just stored in a giant bin and we pull out the ones that we need (most of the kids have their favorite ones so they help to pull out theirs).

I was thinking of getting the giant ziplock type bags to store the blankets in that way they are all kept separate (something about them all being in one container really bugs me. We wash them daily when their are colds going around, but even then sort of bugs me).

How do you store yours?
newtodaycare22 12:13 PM 12-05-2011
We have ziplock bags that are either XL or XXL (sorry I can check if you want), and they fit a fitted sheet and child sized blanket.That way, each child's stuff is together and separate from their friends. They take them home weekly to wash and this bag serves a nice purpose for transportation too!
cheerfuldom 12:28 PM 12-05-2011
I think you should keep each child's set separate. Community blankets don't sound very sanitary....sounds like a good way to spread lice and whatnot.
sahm1225 03:26 PM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I think you should keep each child's set separate. Community blankets don't sound very sanitary....sounds like a good way to spread lice and whatnot.
I agree which is why I am trying to figure out how everyone is storing their blankets?
snbauser 04:23 PM 12-05-2011
Sheets stay on the cots since the cots stack without touching. They are changed weekly or more often if needed. Blankets are in bins in the bottom of their cubbies. Again, washed weekly, more if needed. Each cubby is a 3 part - papers up top, extra clothes, jackets, shoes in the middle and blankets on the bottom.
JenNJ 04:59 PM 12-05-2011
I have something like this.

Each drawer belongs to one child. I keep their spare clothes and personal supplies in there. I fold the blankets an put them in there each day. Sheets stay on the mats and pack n plays because the are personal sleeping spaces, not shared.
Lianne 04:52 AM 12-06-2011
I use the plastic three drawer units. Each child gets a drawer and each drawer holds a small pillow, fleece blanket and stuffed animal. I only have three on cots right now but the units stack if I need more.. The sheets on the cots just stay on the cots until laundry day. Each sheet is a different pattern so the kids know whose is whose.

For those in playpens, I just hang their blanket over the side of the playpen and their stuffed animal stays in their playpen.

Here's a link to the drawer units. I use these for toys, diapers and just about everything else!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-...ndingMethod=rr
Cat Herder 08:44 AM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Lianne:
I use the plastic three drawer units. Each child gets a drawer and each drawer holds a small pillow, fleece blanket http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-...ndingMethod=rr
Me, too. One pillow, pillowcase, sheet and blanket, per child (sheet and footed blanket pj's for infants). All linens laundered and put back daily.

Only I got mine at Family Dollar store for $11.
caring4kidsinSD 11:22 AM 12-06-2011
I use a few of those sweater compartment things http://www.google.com/products/catal...=0CJsBEPMCMAQ#

Holds their pillow and blanket just fine
WImom 12:37 PM 12-06-2011
I use the XL ziploc bags: Fits Pillow and Blanket in it. I have a shelf unit and it fits Two Mats (The ones that fold) and two bags. The bags are in the middle to seperate the mats. The sheets stay on the mats (different color/design per kid).
Tags:cubbies, organization, organizing tips, shelves, storage, storage - blankets
Reply Up