Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Boss??
KIDZRMYBIZ 08:34 AM 01-20-2014
Some dcp's just don't get it. Just as I am getting out of shower this morning, at 7:17 (daycare opens at 7:30), my irritated husband hands me the ringing telephone.

Me (all whispering and overly-dramatic quiet): Hello?

DCM: I didn't want to ring the doorbell cuz I figured your (SA) boys were still sleeping. DCD got sick over the night and I have to be at work so I am dropping off DCB and DCG early. I'm in your driveway.

Me: Well, I'm naked. See you in 15 minutes.

And then I see a text that she sent at 6:18 this morning that she is dropping off early. Sorry for the short notice.

Yeah. No, you're not. This family is usually great, and they've been here 2 years now, so not sure where they got it in their head that is just okey-dokey. To top it off, when she does get to bring kids in she tells me DCD got so sick last night after the football party last night with his buddies and that it must have been something he ate. I'm thinking, more like something he drank...and lots of it!
Unregistered 08:38 AM 01-20-2014
"Me: Well, I'm naked. See you in 15 minutes."

I just snorted water out of my nose. That was awesome!

Parents who take advantage suck.
taylorw1210 09:18 AM 01-20-2014
Wow - the nerve! I'm glad you stood your ground and didn't open early.
MotherNature 09:42 AM 01-20-2014
ugh, how annoying.
LadyPearl 10:27 AM 01-20-2014
Hahahaha! Love your response!!
mia 10:35 AM 01-20-2014
love the response as well ... think I need to remember that one....
melilley 10:35 AM 01-20-2014
I love your response too!

I hate when parents do that! I personally don't get up and into the shower until I absolutely have to. I have one family who has dropped off 15-20 min. early twice. It doesn't sound like a big difference, but once I just got out of the shower-I was dressed, but ding dong....dcd was here. I opened the door with soaking we hair and no makeup. 2nd time, I was in the basement doing laundry when my dd came down to get me because same family was early. When I can up, dcm acted like she was in a huge hurry and looked annoyed because I did stay down there for like 5 min until I was done. She said she was running late, yet she dropped off early... And they ring the doorbell if my door is locked! There are other people here still sleeping!!!! DUH!
Crazy8 10:42 AM 01-20-2014
LOL, love it. I had a parent ONCE come to my door just 3 min. early - they now know they wait in their car till opening time (and I see them do it every once in a while).

I am not a morning person and the difference of what I may look like at 7:24am and 7:30am is actually pretty huge, LOL!
BumbleBee 10:45 AM 01-20-2014
Rofl....love it!
daycarediva 10:48 AM 01-20-2014
"I'm naked." LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do NOT do early. I can turn off my doorbell (mwahahaha) and I lock my screen door now. I unlock it at the designated time for my first scheduled drop off. Not a minute earlier.
Cat Herder 10:53 AM 01-20-2014
Good for you for shutting her down....

I would have been running to the door in my robe... 15 minutes early = $15 cash here.

I can rarely get them to come early or stay late anymore... I miss my mad art supply money. I get bored of pom-poms, wiggle eyes and glitter... I have my eye on some rhinestones and sunlight activated paper.
melilley 11:24 AM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

I would have been running to the door in my robe... 15 minutes early = $15 cash here.

I can rarely get them to come early or stay late anymore... I miss my mad art supply money. I get bored of pom-poms, wiggle eyes and glitter... I have my eye on some rhinestones and sunlight activated paper.

I was waiting to see if you were going to chime in to see what your reply was..you crack me up!
melilley 11:27 AM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
"I'm naked." LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do NOT do early. I can turn off my doorbell (mwahahaha) and I lock my screen door now. I unlock it at the designated time for my first scheduled drop off. Not a minute earlier.
A doorbell you can turn off?!
I'm tempted to put tape over mine, but I know It'll bother me...lol
spud912 01:03 PM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

mountainside13 01:10 PM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
A doorbell you can turn off?!
I'm tempted to put tape over mine, but I know It'll bother me...lol
We disabled our doorbell too! I got annoyed of parents toning the doorbell at the worst times or kids playing with the doorbell. There should be a box on your wall somewhere, open it and flip the switch. The same box that makes the ring sound.
Tags:early arrival, early arrival fee
Reply Up