Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Live Face-to-Face Online Training
Mom2Two 12:03 PM 03-26-2018
I have to have 10 hours of face-to-face training for licensing each year, but I haven't done a class yet. Does anyone have a great go-to place online for live, interactive training classes?
Mom2Two 12:16 PM 03-26-2018
* I haven't done an in-person class this licensing period
DaveA 12:26 PM 03-26-2018
It's not live in person, but care courses has a ton of online courses. Pretty much my "go to" for inservice hours anymore.
Cat Herder 04:40 AM 03-27-2018
I have not seen anyone do those for this field, yet. Check your states approved trainers list before you pay for anything, though. I have been bitten by that before. I believe part of their goal with in-person requirements is assessing our mental/emotional health.
Blackcat31 06:19 AM 03-27-2018
My state offers both on-line (at your own pace), on-line (interactive via video camera) face to face and actual in class seat time trainings.

They (the state) are kind enough to list ALL training options on one site. The site tells us what area each training meets and how many hours each is worth as well as keeps an on-line training record for each provider too that DHS can access at the click of a mouse.

I would check with your area Resource & Referral agency and see if they can point you in the right direction.
Mom2Two 06:32 PM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I believe part of their goal with in-person requirements is assessing our mental/emotional health.
<Choke>, <snort> Ya know...maybe lol
Mom2Two 06:36 PM 03-27-2018
In the end I did find one: www.edweb.net. They have free, live, online classes--one hour each. I got the link off our state CCL site, but I wasn't for sure that it was live, interactive--but it is. I did one today and it was nice.

I'm crossing my fingers that this is what licensing is looking for and that I don't get burned too!

I also have my CACFP training soon here--I guess that would qualify as face-to-face too????

I've always done classes at our resource/referral office in previous years, so I keep wondering if I'm on the right track here.
Cat Herder 05:03 AM 03-28-2018
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
<Choke>, <snort> Ya know...maybe lol
"urged the inclusion of language on self-care for early childhood educators, including issues of stress management, burnout, proper ergonomic procedures (e.g., appropriate furniture, lifting, pushing), preventing workplace injuries, obesity issues, taking breaks, and taking care of their own needs. To some degree, states have addressed these issues under the domain of “Professionalism and Professional Development.”
Another urged language on educators’ knowledge of regulations regarding their rights as employees, workers’ compensation, “whistle-blowing” laws, and other employment issues." - Pg. 61

"Human Resource Management ● Identifies personal professional development needs." - Pg. 77

"At every meeting, participants mentioned the center based focus of this performance area, principally because the initial competency, “seeks input from supervisors and colleagues about own practice,” does not apply to family child care. Several people suggested that for family child care, this competency could be defined as “establishes a peer network of support to create a vehicle for reflecting on practice.” - pg 70

CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF CHILD CARE EMPLOYMENT
Institute for Research on Labor and Employment
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY - http://cscce.berkeley.edu/files/2008...s_report08.pdf
Cat Herder 05:05 AM 03-28-2018
In the end I did find one: www.edweb.net. They have free, live, online classes--one hour each. I got the link off our state CCL site, but I wasn't for sure that it was live, interactive--but it is. I did one today and it was nice.

I'm crossing my fingers that this is what licensing is looking for and that I don't get burned too!

I also have my CACFP training soon here--I guess that would qualify as face-to-face too????

I've always done classes at our resource/referral office in previous years, so I keep wondering if I'm on the right track here.
I'd give them a call and ask. Getting approved as a state trainer is hard work. They will know if they are coded as distance or in person.
284878 06:32 AM 03-28-2018

Edweb is approved online classes here but it is not face to face. You can interact with a head set and see their face but they can not see you. (Interacting only works if you do the class live during working hours vs watch the recording)
Other than going to the local recource center, I do not know of any other way to get face to face course.
Tags:online classes, online courses, online training
Reply Up