Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Extra Clothes
Josiegirl 10:28 AM 11-02-2013
How many extra sets of clothes do your dcps bring in? Do they keep them at dc and change them out as needed?
Most are pretty good at bringing enough spare clothes but I have one dck who usually is missing something she needs, or only has 1 extra set and we go thru that by lunch time.
KidGrind 10:33 AM 11-02-2013
Potty trained for more than 6 months one set. Everyone else 2 sets.

The parents bring them everyday.
Leigh 10:40 AM 11-02-2013
Kids that are potty trained bring 1 change of clothing, kids that are not bring 3. I also ask parents to also bring a jacket in the summer, sandals or crocs or water shoes for water play, a box of swim diapers, and a pair of rubber boots for playing outside on wet days (I added this one after spending an hour cleaning mud off kids' shoes one day). In the winter, kids must either arrive with snow pants and boots or leave them at my house-some choose to bring daily, some choose to leave some here.
Cradle2crayons 10:42 AM 11-02-2013
I have parents bring at least two sets per child. Two complete, including undies and socks etc.

They stay in their drawer until needed. Generally, if I change them, I out he clothes they were wearing in the laundry and then back in their drawer after they are washed.
JoseyJo 10:58 AM 11-02-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
How many extra sets of clothes do your dcps bring in? Do they keep them at dc and change them out as needed?
Most are pretty good at bringing enough spare clothes but I have one dck who usually is missing something she needs, or only has 1 extra set and we go thru that by lunch time.
Everyone under SA has 2 full sets of clothes. SA has 1 full set. I used to send them home when they got dirty but I had a big problem with even my best parents remembering to bring them back. Now if I have to change them I wash and keep the clothes they came in as spares and tell the parents if they want to bring another set to switch them out with they can

In the spring and fall I go through the clothes (or as needed for growth) write a note to each parent telling them what I need and switch out the old ones when they bring them in.

I also keep a large stash of clothing in sizes 2-6 (I only take 18 mo and up), mostly boys since girls can wear them too, mostly ugly so they are likely to remember to bring them back , and with our name written on the tag. I love to garage sale and pick these up as needed for no more than .25 each.
Josiegirl 03:47 PM 11-02-2013
I had an afterschooler yesterday and she came dressed in white pants. She's the little girl who's always meticulous and could be on the cover of Parents magazine or something. I asked her if she had extra clothes because we always go outside after snack. Of course she didn't. Of course, as soon as she sat on my muddy living room rug, it didn't really matter.
Next newsletter reminder material I guess. Oh wait, pretty sure I reminded everybody in my LAST newsletter.
Crazy8 06:48 PM 11-02-2013
2 sets for infants, 1 set for toddlers/older.
blandino 09:47 PM 11-02-2013
The parents of infants usually keep their storage area stocked with a few changes. The parents I have now are fantastic about going to the box and checking on their own and replenishing.

My other kiddos have 1 spare set. We also have a box of spare clothes that I use in the event that a child goes through multiple pairs in a day.
pandamom 04:54 AM 11-04-2013
I work in a 2 year old room (center). We require two sets of clothing for diapered children. Five sets for potty training. Two sets for potty trained. For the potty training and potty trained, we require an extra set of shoes.
jenn 07:08 AM 11-04-2013
I require 2, but ask for 3 sets of extras for little ones.
After potty training, I require 1, but ask for 2.
I ask them for more than I require, that way if they forget to bring back a clean set after messy ones are sent home, I still have enough.
SSWonders 07:40 AM 11-04-2013
I keep 2 sets for everyone. Mostly because parents don't always remember to replace right away.
childcaremom 08:46 AM 11-04-2013
Each dck has 3 complete spare sets. These are all kept here in their cubbies. I send home the dirty stuff and it is replaced. My parents are usually pretty good about it and I haven't had to send anyone home without clothes yet
renodeb 09:58 AM 11-04-2013
I have them bring in 2 sets initially. More if potty training. I remind them to change out as needed. (Season changes etc) I have a stash of my own to.
Deb
Reply Up