Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why I Do Not Do SA Care!!
mickey2 07:01 AM 01-04-2011
This day is never going to end. It is only 10 am and I want to shoot myself!

I usually love my days! Normally, M-F I have 5-6 children. 17 month old girl, 22 month old girl 2.5 year old boy 3 1/2 year old girl and 3 1/2 year old boy. I also care for my grandson who is 12 months old. My days go by very smoothly we have lots of fun and all of the little ones are happy and get along well.

Today is my first day back since December 23rd. I only have my 3 1/2 year old boy today however my OWN 7 year old son is home and I have another previous daycare girl today who is 6. These 2 older kids are driving me nuts!! The constant bickering between them is crazy. "I had it first, he won't let me take a turn, your not doing it right" etc.......etc........... The I'm hungry from the little girl is every 10 minutes but she refused breakfast and her morning snack and now wants to eat which is NO! She is walking around like she is completely lost. Doesn't want to play with anything just follows the others around which annoys and disrupts what they are doing. I've had it! Now I remember why I do not like caring for SA kids! I don't know what a few parents are going to do this summer because after the child is 3 1/2-4 years old they do NOT come back! What is it with these kids once they start school? They change and turn into something else! Give me newborn to age 3 any day! After that PLEASE find someone else!
DanceMom 07:15 AM 01-04-2011
I have a SA too - you hit it on the head..she is ALWAYS hungry, ALWAYS bored, ALWAYS getting the others riled up, makes the biggest mess, TALKS NONNNNN STOP !!! Drives me nuts..I told her mom that next year she needs to attend her school program as I am going back to not doing school age.

They are WAY more work than any newborn etc for sure !!!
BentleysBands 07:57 AM 01-04-2011
I know exactly how u feel! I LOL 'd at your comment u wanna shoot itself. I say That all the time
AnythingsPossible 08:05 AM 01-04-2011
i too have issues with SA's and would love to not include them in my numbers, the issue i run into is that i have so many multi children families, that if I don't take the SA, I'm afraid I would lose the younger one. Our school district does not have an after school program. The only thing they offer is a program for kids who are struggling in their classes, and none of my kids have that issue. Really not looking forward to spring break or summer break this year. I will have 3 SA's plus my own home. It's gonna be a long summer, I love having my kids home, but the others, not so much. They aren't bad kids, it's just a whole other set of issues to deal with.
countrymom 10:54 AM 01-04-2011
same issues here too, and last summer was the last summer that I watched these bratty children, they were also very disrespectful. You know, I always asked them what they do at home, and many dont do anything at home, so I don't understand what the problem is when they come here, there's more kids to hang out with, I have more older children stuff to play with but they all still have attitudes.
boysx5 11:07 AM 01-04-2011
after last week I will never do a SA child again I had such a stressful week I thought I would lose my mind now I have to break it to one of my full timers parents I will not have room for their SA child this summer but I will do it with a smile on my face
momatheart 01:28 PM 01-04-2011
SA is mouthy and they don't nap. I love nap time.
WImom 04:32 PM 01-04-2011
The reason I changed from 2-8y to 2-5y is because of this. I had my own two SA kids (6y and 7.5y) home at break and they drove me nuts. I am not looking forward to this summer.
mickey2 04:42 AM 01-05-2011
This summer I am taking a week off in June and one in July & NO SA Kids!
Just told one mom yesterday I have no room!
Tags:school-age
Reply Up