Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looking for any suggestions for my own DD and her issues
2grls4us 02:28 PM 08-11-2014
My DD just turned 4. I have been home with her doing daycare for 3 yrs. She was slow starting potty training but once she got it seems to do that fine. But the poop training is yet to be desired!! She will run right by the bathroom and head for her bed room where she will go sit and poop her pants. Sometimes it's no more than a tablespoon at a time. There are times she actually goes in and goes on the toilet and has no problem. We have tried rewards, punishments I even redecorated the bathroom thinking that would be an encouragement. This weekend was really bad she messed her panties 4 times in one day. She does really good about urinating and even tells me when were
out at a store or anything. She stays dry all day. Any ideas? I hate going back to diapers or pull up type pants because then she doesn't potty on the toilet. She at least is going on her own and not having to do a laxative, she was not going for more than 5 days at a time and was so hard she would be in pain to go.

The other main issue we have is she has body odor issues, not sure if that's even what to call it. We've been to the pediatrician, an pediatric endocrinologist, and our family doc. Our family doc has been the most helpful, I was thinking it was more of an dairy allergy and he did a RAST screening and said he did not find anything. They said it was more of a body secretion odor. All I know is she smells and sometimes as soon as I take her out of the bath she still smells within a few minutes.

Any ideas or someone have the same experiences that can give some hope I'd appreciate it.
BrooklynM 02:32 PM 08-11-2014
On the pooping issue, I have a DCG that has pooping issues so I started bringing a book into the bathroom so that she would sit there for a little bit, relax and then try to poop. Believe it or not, it actually worked for her!

As far as the body odor is concerned, my son had the same thing, since he was an infant. It was the craziest thing, straight up B.O. right after I bathed him. I also took him to the doctor and in the end, he is now 12 and thank goodness for deodorant and daily showers or that boy gets so stinky!
Reply Up