Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Collect 1st And Last Week At Registration?
Crazy8 06:17 PM 08-03-2011
I have a new baby starting soon and mom dropped off completed paper work and deposit. My deposit is one weeks pay, credited to their last week as long as they give 2 weeks notice and all that jazz. I also require payment on Fridays for the following week. Usually with new kids they either bring the check the friday before they start or I am ok with them bringing it their first day. Well, this new client isn't starting till mid-Sept. but already gave me the check for the deposit and also gave me the 1st week's pay as well. I was just thinking this is a good idea and I should probably do this with everyone. I don't collect 2 weeks as a deposit because I feel like its a lot to shell out at once. Does anyone do it this way?
Michael 08:36 PM 08-03-2011
Some more threads on Security Deposit: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...curity+deposit
CheekyChick 09:31 PM 08-03-2011
I require a two weeks deposit and registration fee up front.
boysx5 03:49 AM 08-04-2011
I only do one week and if I have issues with them not paying I will not take the child til they pay. I haven't had any issues so far
Crazy8 05:32 AM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by boysx5:
I only do one week and if I have issues with them not paying I will not take the child til they pay. I haven't had any issues so far
that is how I've done it for the past 10 years and its been fine. You pay Friday for the following week - if your payment isn't in by Monday morning (w/late fee) your child doesn't come in either. no exceptions.
But I'm just thinking that collecting first week is a good idea too - since it means they don't need to come by again to drop that check off before they start.
Tags:deposit, deposits, fees, new clients, security deposit
Reply Up