Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Family Left With No Notice. Small Claims Court For 4 Weeks Tuition?
Unregistered 02:35 PM 04-26-2013
My contract requires 4 weeks notice for termination. Payment is due regardless of attendance. What are my chances in small claims court. Total is $830. Cand you also sue in court for them to cover court costs?
Unregistered 02:38 PM 04-26-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My contract requires 4 weeks notice for termination. Payment is due regardless of attendance. What are my chances in small claims court. Total is $830. Cand you also sue in court for them to cover court costs?
They also forfeit a deposit put down for their other child, but I'm not subtracting that amount from what they would owe.
kelliott 02:44 PM 04-26-2013
it might be based on what, if anything, was done for them to terminate care....?
Unregistered 03:02 PM 04-26-2013
I'm the op of parents angry over miscommunication. So this is the reason for leaving.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61794
JenNJ 06:12 PM 04-26-2013
What happened when you two talked?

I would go after the $$.
TheGoodLife 10:44 AM 04-27-2013
Yes, send a certified letter, give specific date for the money to be paid, total amount including any fees, highlighted copy of their signed contract where it states termination policy, and hope they pay befor shaving to go that route. But I would definitely take it up for that much money!
littlemissmuffet 02:50 PM 04-27-2013
You'd likely win. But regardless, I'd still pursue it. Mind you, I will take a parent to court for anything owed over $100... principle.
My contract states that parents will continue to be charged $30/day until fees are paid in FULL, court and lawyer fees plus any time missed from work will also be included their bill.

Send a certified letter with an invoice and due date. Also mention that if fees are not paid in full by the due date that you will be taking legal action.
MyAngels 06:33 PM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
If I read the other thread correctly, you are holding 2 weeks deposit (to be applied to the final 4 weeks) for the older child and 4 weeks deposit for the baby, so they will owe you for 2 weeks for the older child?

Regardless of the amount you probably would win, and you can add in late fees and court costs, so you wouldn't be out anything out-of-pocket.
Tags:small claims
Reply Up