Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parents Made A Stop Payment
lahori 11:43 AM 01-23-2012
I have a home daycare,and i signed up a 16 months old boy in Oct 2011..I got sick in Dec 2011 end and had to close my daycare for 3 day,and the boys mom called that she had no back up and she wanted switching the boy to a daycare centre..I told her to give me a written notice but she didnot..She stopped sending her boy the very next day,,stopped the cheques..In my contracy she has to give me 1 month notice..What should i do?
SunflowerMama 11:53 AM 01-23-2012
Personally I would just chalk it up and move on.

It sounds like you didn't offer any care that wasn't paid for and that it was just the notice time that you would want payment for, is that correct? Or did she stop payment on any checks that covered time that he was in your care?

If that's the case I might send her a total invoice with a due date and that it would go to small claims if unpaid. But if it's the notice time I would let it go but that's just me.

You can't help when you get sick but for a parent, finding care for 3 days at such short notice can be tough. So even if I couldn't help it I would feel bad and just let them leave if they were totally paid up to that point.
Cat Herder 11:53 AM 01-23-2012
You may have to file a case in small claims court....
Tags:small claims
Reply Up