Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>100% Daycare Room?
Boymom 07:29 AM 01-13-2016
There's a room in my house that's like a second dining room that's right off the living room. The dck's spend a lot of time in there. There's a craft table and lots of toys. Before I started the daycare, there was nothing in this room at all. My question is, even though it's for the daycare, the toys that are in there are actually my son's toys but the dck also use them, so can I say that this is an exclusive daycare space for tax purposes?
TomCopeland 08:26 AM 01-13-2016
Originally Posted by Jgrantham:
There's a room in my house that's like a second dining room that's right off the living room. The dck's spend a lot of time in there. There's a craft table and lots of toys. Before I started the daycare, there was nothing in this room at all. My question is, even though it's for the daycare, the toys that are in there are actually my son's toys but the dck also use them, so can I say that this is an exclusive daycare space for tax purposes?
For a room to be an exclusive use room it can never be used personally. If your son goes in the room to play with his toys when day care children are not present, it's not exclusive. If you go in the room and get toys for him on evenings or weekends it's not exclusive. If the only time he is playing with the toys is during daycare hours with other children, then it is exclusive.
Boymom 04:54 PM 01-13-2016
Thank you very much for your help!
Reply Up