Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Having A Rough Year, Feeling Desperate
Unregistered 09:44 PM 07-27-2017
This year is tough! We are parents who complains for random things, not about our care but mostly complaining about other children or other parents. And enrollments is slow strangely.

The new families make me want to quit and some are disrespectful (they pay late on their two weeks fees).

If I wanted to reduce the stress I would need to term two families, which I can't afford but also I know they would be very hard on us (online review/ revengeful call to the licensing). And a reason I feel conflicted regarding these two families one of the parents is so great.

Sadly I am out of option as I have a family to take care of and I love doing daycare but the stress became too much.

I just needed to vent and also you guys are amazing. The more time goes by the more I appreciate your comments and advices. You are so accurate on so many levels.
Michael 02:11 AM 07-28-2017
Thanks, what state do you live in? Also suggest you register with the forum as a member.

Here are some threads on being Overwhelmed: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=overwhelmed
Josiegirl 02:20 AM 07-28-2017
Parents can make or break this job for us. Have you tried every way you can think of, to get your name out there and get different dcfs to replace the ones you have? I have had great dcfs for years, thank God, but I can remember when it wasn't that way. I simply put up with what they did. Kids are challenging enough sometimes but when you can't teach the adults, this job becomes impossible. It's too bad that you feel you're in a position to keep putting up with their bs. Is there a dc glut in your area? Can you find a local niche that nobody else fills yet? What about only taking prek and offering a structured curriculum or just infants and toddlers? My best advice is advertise advertise advertise and replace the disrespectful clients you have right now. We should never ever be made to feel we cannot run our own business the way we need to for us and our group. Good luck with making changes!!
Tags:overwhelmed
Reply Up