Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>And it's not the first time.......
Meeko 10:04 AM 02-21-2014
My cell went at 1:06 AM this morning.

Woman wanted to know if this was the daycare? She needed care for this morning

Weird thing is I have a designated number for my daycare. Haven't used my cell number in years. I didn't think to ask her how she got the number as I was barely awake!!! I checked the caller ID afterwards and it said "Unknown" and the number was a Winston Salem NC number (I looked it up). I am in Utah. Guess she could have been visiting here. It didn't seem like a prank call, she sounded older.

She didn't even say sorry about the time until I said "Really? 1AM?" Then she said "I know it's a bit late........"

A BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad thing is, this isn't the first time I have got calls at crazy times. I guess providers really are supposed to be available 24/7 in some people's minds!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed my cell number this morning!
LadyPearl 10:18 AM 02-21-2014
Really? At 1:00 in the morning? The nerve of some people! That's ridiculous!
countrymom 10:19 AM 02-21-2014
that is weird. I only get old men looking for their umm lovers lol!
snbauser 10:22 AM 02-21-2014
Although it is still way too late, if she had the wrong number it would have been 11:00 here in NC. I'm wondering if she didn't realize where you were located. Every so often I will get a call or email from someone looking for care only to find out they didn't realize I was in a different state.
Msdunny 10:29 AM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by snbauser:
Although it is still way too late, if she had the wrong number it would have been 11:00 here in NC. I'm wondering if she didn't realize where you were located. Every so often I will get a call or email from someone looking for care only to find out they didn't realize I was in a different state.
I think, if the op is in Utah, that would make it 3 or 4 am here. (I used to work with time zones for a living, so I am always resetting everything to Eastern when I see it!). Crazy time to be calling for care!
snbauser 11:24 AM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
I think, if the op is in Utah, that would make it 3 or 4 am here. (I used to work with time zones for a living, so I am always resetting everything to Eastern when I see it!). Crazy time to be calling for care!
LOL!! Oops, you are right. After growing up on the east coast and then living in CA for 13 years before moving back to the east coast a few years ago, I always add/subract in the wrong direction anymore.
Reply Up