Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>UPDATE/DOG SITUATION w/ CRAZY Neighbor
Mom of 4 09:16 AM 06-28-2014
So, we had a feeling after the neighbor falsely reported ( I believe I updated that in prior thread) our animal bothering her, that she was “watching” us but could not prove it.

So the other day, my kids are outside playing in our front yard and over hear her saying to (someone) how much she hates us (this is around noon) and that she is “going to do something to our cat and the dog when they are gone” and so my daughter comes in crying and upset saying how she heard the neighbor say that. So I tell them to go play out back instead. They go to the back, and apparently, the neighbor is on the phone talking to that said someone. She tells the neighbor she will do anything she can to get us into court. I open the window to my daughter’s room and start to listen. She tells whoever “Well I don’t care what they say, I’ll tell them that her dog is dangerous cuz of that stupid (blank) fence and that we fear for our kids’ safety” and the other person said something to make her mad and she goes “I don’t care, I really don’t. I don’t like them and I’ll say that the dog DID bite one of my kids and that’s why I want to take care of things” IDK what all that meant , “take care of things?” And she yells again at the person, “Just forget it” lol Hangs up. A couple hours later, the kids are back outside playing chalk, neighbor was inside. She comes OUTSIDE with her husband. She goes up to my kids and asks them exactly how to pronounce our last name, and my kids come and tell me. All I hear is the husband saying “LEAVE them alone, do NOT talk to those kids!’ To which the neighbor responds ‘I wasn’t, I’m talking to YOU” The husband gets upset with her and tells her to just stop. They get into their argument, and we leave the area completely. So far, I’ve completely ignored her, and told my kids to do the same.

FF to that night. We had to go to my dd’s dance lessons and then to a VBS so that was from 3:30PM-8:30PM we are gone. Dog is kenneled inside.

We pull in the driveway JUST after my husband gets home from work. We both go in, set down our stuff and then my kids AND the dog go outside (We took advice from the forum and our local Animal Control not to allow the pets out by themselves) My older son RUNS in, screaming “MOM MOM, SHE iS VIDEOTAPING US ON HER SMART PHONE!” Mind you, there was not a PEEP out of the dog OR the kid when outside. So we re-crate the dog and my husband walks outside telling the kids “get inside” . She’s STILL videotaping and my husband tells her to STOP videotaping our children. She starts crying about how we are bothering HER. Husband says “STOP taping the kids NOW” She stops and says “YOU ARE HARASSING ME” I said “ (NAME) WE leave YOU alone. YOU are the one VIDEOTAPING us, just knock it off!”

Her hubby is outside with her and tells my hubby he’d like to talk in the driveway out front instead, and hubby says “OK, without your wife” We both leave the back yard, go to the front, all parties on OWN properties. NO one, including the neighbors stepped foot off the properties. The husband asks what is going on. He knows the wife and us have a little issue, but apparently wasn’t enlightened. So we tell him everything, as politely as we can. He acknowledges the fact his wife is a little nuts! A LITTLE?! Lol

We tell him her continued false reporting is not ok nor is addressing our KIDS in whatever problems she has with us, though we don’t even TALK to her. He denies she false-reported us. Concurrently, she’s inside FALSELY telling the 911 dispatcher that we are harassing and threatening them! WTFFFF!? So she screams (hubby’s name) “COME INSIDE” and he says “I’m talking with the neighbors, what!” She tells him she’s called 911. He’s telling her, “ARE YOU SERIOUS!?” and they argue a minute.

Hubby comes back and says “Well, the PD was called, and I guess that’s not a great way to resolve our differences, is it? I told her that was a BAD idea” We all stood there waiting for the cops, who pull in thinking there was an ASSAULT! Of course, thankfully, the hubby throws her under the bus and tells the PD that the wife “Likes to call on these things” it “wasn’t me or them” and said “nothing is going on” and we agreed. They get all our licenses and check something, not sure. Said to wait so the female cop can go in and tt the complaintant.

Female partner goes in and tt neighbor, who probably was raving like crazy, stating all kinds of nonsense, the female comes out ROLLS her eyes, and says’ Ya’ll are OK, we’re OUT”

WHAT a frikin’ nut! She LIED, making a false complaint, hubby was EMBARRASSED by her and he put his foot in his mouth stating she wouldn’t do that, as she was DOING just that! She wasted resources, taxpayer money etc. We were so ticked. She is STILL watchful and creepy! Thankfully she moves in May next year! It can’t get here soon enough.

ALL of the above started happening after I told her “NO thanks” on babysitting my kids….I think she’s butt hurt
Unregistered 09:34 AM 06-28-2014
You need to get some cameras on her now! Have your cell with you and charged incase you have to tape her as well. Keep a folder and document everything. That way you are prepared when (not if) you have another interaction with the police. Make sure to get all names of the police / animal control you talk to as well.
NightOwl 10:30 AM 06-28-2014
Agreed!! I can seriously see this escalating. Get a security camera and point it straight at her house/property line, preferably without her knowledge. They make some that are triggered to start recording when it detects motion. You have GOT to be proactive in protecting yourself. Don't wait for the next incident. Be READY for it!!
midaycare 12:19 PM 06-28-2014
Wow! Someone needs to tell your neighbor that her crazy is showing and it needs to be tucked back in.
Josiegirl 02:14 PM 06-28-2014
Where do all these nuts come from? Between your neighbor and Mrsnj's divorce drama mama, they seriously need their own island somewhere.
TwinKristi 02:35 PM 06-28-2014
I would get a restraining (no-contact) order and have her served ASAP. This is crazy! There is nothing stopping her from doing this again and again until MAY!! 11 long months! What if she does something more crazy or dramatic and if effects your daycare??
Mom of 4 03:45 PM 06-28-2014
So,
Do you think a restraining order would stop her from calling cops on us? We've done nothing wrong.

Thankfully, I do not run a child care any more. SHE does, though and wanted me to let her watch my kids and I said no and since then, she's been a real......(((((()))))). Hers is unregistered, and she is only supposed to take one family, but said she had a few b/a school kiddos and it'd be fine to take mine too since I was next door. Another lady, same street, runs a licensed child care and it's less than 500 feet, and I am PRETTY sure regulations prohibit 2 licensed providers on same street which is why the crazy neighbor runs it illegally. She told me cash only and that she would cut me a deal 25 seconds after I met her and she saw I had kids. Her deal was more than my LICENSED and reputable daycare provider charges, so even if she were awesome, why would I leave one awesome provider for another when the new one would cost me MORE? Except that I wasn't moving their schools/DCP anyway....AND, after some things I had seen within weeks of being there, I personally would NEVER let my kids go to her home for child care even for free! She's crazy # 1 and #2 she's not that dependable and I'm sure that there are other great reasons I haven't uncovered!

The other big issue with her, is she thinks she knows...Everything. She is the all-sayer in laws, contracts, neighborhood business, medical advice, surveying land, landscaping, raising chickens and other farming activities, decking, building...she's just a jack of all trades know-it-all (she doesn't work outside the home or anything, so is home ALL.THE.TIME. can't escape her). We keep to ourselves and she solicited us with unwanted advice and offers. We were nice, too. Maybe that was the first mistake?
midaycare 04:13 PM 06-28-2014
I second the no contact order. Immediately. She's becoming unhinged.
Laurel 05:20 PM 06-28-2014
A restraining/no contact order isn't that easy to get. My daughter got one from her nutty ex but most of the people in court at the same time got denied. At least in Florida you would need some pretty compelling reason. I'm not saying that this isn't serious enough but just saying it isn't as simple as just going asking for one. Proof would be good to have.

I know she was asked if she feared for her life.

Laurel
midaycare 05:32 PM 06-28-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
A restraining/no contact order isn't that easy to get. My daughter got one from her nutty ex but most of the people in court at the same time got denied. At least in Florida you would need some pretty compelling reason. I'm not saying that this isn't serious enough but just saying it isn't as simple as just going asking for one. Proof would be good to have.

I know she was asked if she feared for her life.

Laurel
I had to get one, and someone I know did, too. I think because crazy neighbor lady is involving the kids and threatening harm to her animals, it will pass. Not to mention the police phone call just because she felt like it.
TwinKristi 07:34 PM 06-28-2014
If she continually repeated you to the police for false reasons, yes. If the police are contacting you on her behalf due to a false complaint I would tell them right then and there you have a no-contact order and she's harassing you. She or her husband wouldn't be able to talk to you or communicate in any way. Perhaps her dh could talk to your dh if there was a real neighborly need but otherwise no. And I would also call CPS on her if she has children in her care licensed or not. She's a freakin lunatic obviously and her dh said it as well. Blah! Scary!!
Laurel 12:01 PM 06-29-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I had to get one, and someone I know did, too. I think because crazy neighbor lady is involving the kids and threatening harm to her animals, it will pass. Not to mention the police phone call just because she felt like it.
Probably, it is strange that she is a provider herself and thinks it is okay to involve children, wow.

Laurel
grandmom 05:05 PM 06-29-2014
GET A COPY OF THAT POLICE REPORT. Sorry to yell at you.

Get a restraining order. She threatened your animals in front of the children. They are fearful.
coolconfidentme 04:56 AM 06-30-2014
I would keep a paper trail on her activities. Log the activities as they happen & note the time. If the police were called, log it & along with the officers names. They have to write reports & shift logs btw. If something became of her conversation, her cell phone records would later determine who she was talking to. These things are hard to remember later & admissible in court. Send her a formal cease & desist order to stop harassing you & your family. Check your local harassment laws, she maybe in violation, idk. Do not engage in conversation with her, if you over here her engage in conversation within ear shot you have a right to record it. I would also place a video surveillance where she is likely to come near your property. I use to be a police officer, these things get ugly sometimes, just be prepared if they do. Good luck...
SunshineMama 07:44 AM 06-30-2014
Get a camera. Document time date and place (email it to yourself for a date stamp). Call the police and file a harassment report. Get a restraining order. Lastly-this lady watches kids???
crazydaycarelady 08:03 AM 06-30-2014
If you want to get a restraining order the key is to say "you feel threatened." I don't know how it works if you are neighbors though, usually the person can't come within a certain umber of feet of you. I think you should do it though, get it on record that SHE is causing problems.
mom of 4 10:24 AM 06-30-2014
Thanks everyone!

I started a formal file with our PD. They took a phone log through their main line (NOT 911). The officers from the other night, did give us their cards with names on them.

I was advised not to even say HELLO. Yesterday, we pulled out of our driveway and the woman was outside front, and was literally glaring at us.

We have to finish changing locks, put in security cameras (but does anyone know costs, someone said it can be very cheap, but it seems like it's VERY expensive!), we may get ADT or something, but IDK yet, that's up to the hubby; we may do the one where they GIVE us the cameras. We advised the husband for now, our kids and her kids/dc kids will NOT play together (soemtimes you can't help it, if the kids are outside at same time, but we said if the child asks them to play, they can politely say "no, my mom said we have to clean our rooms" and come back in).

Yeah, she said she watches kids b/a school, so all of them have ears. Who knows what they hear when that lady is going nuts. It was a weekday. I do NOT know if the woman had any daycare kids that day though.

We looked into the restraining order for our county. Looks like a cost associated with that too. It's kinda &hitty that we have to eat these costs because SHE is crazy and can't control herself.
AmyKidsCo 12:33 PM 06-30-2014
Good for you!

My advice is to document, document, document. Write down who said what, when and where. Since you've started the file with the PD, definitely update it as needed.

ITA not to have ANY contact with her, don't even wave when you see her. And keep the no contact/restraining order in the back of your head, just in case...
Sugar Magnolia 03:52 PM 06-30-2014
Wait, there is a cost or fee associated with a restraining order? Seriously? Like, more than a $10-20 filing fee? How much, mom of 4, if you don't mind me asking?
TwinKristi 04:02 PM 06-30-2014
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Wait, there is a cost or fee associated with a restraining order? Seriously? Like, more than a $10-20 filing fee? How much, mom of 4, if you don't mind me asking?
It shouldn't cost any more than the filing fee and perhaps having her served. The cost shouldn't be prohibitive of getting one but they also don't want to encourage people to file them unnecessarily which could happen more often if they were free.

And yes a video surveillance system is pricey, $300-400 ish for a minimum investment, but again, it can be well worth that much money if the neighbors flatten your tired or bust out windows in a fit of rage. I would put them in very inconspicuous areas and attempt to do so when they're not home so they don't know where they are.
MOM OF 4 11:03 AM 07-01-2014
I believe they said $65 was filing fee. :/ Grr. Just aggravated that someone else's "crazy" has to cost me.
KidGrind 11:40 AM 07-01-2014
She sounds off kilter. Keep ignoring her and do not engage not even to ask her to stop video taping. When the authorities get involved remain calm and stick to the facts. They will see right through her.

I would’ve changed my locks as in last week.
Unregistered 11:50 AM 07-01-2014
You can't afford to NOT get the videos and restraining order. If you don't it will cost you much more...emotionally and perhaps physically.
NightOwl 12:35 PM 07-01-2014
Get that restraining order! See if they can also restrain her ability to videotape your family! That's just creepy as hell!
NightOwl 07:12 AM 07-03-2014
Mom of 4, is the crazy contained?
coolconfidentme 10:15 AM 07-03-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Mom of 4, is the crazy contained?
Thank you for making my day. I think Pepsi Max came outta my nose when I read that one, lol.
NightOwl 10:57 AM 07-03-2014

Glad I could be of service!!
MOM OF 4 11:28 AM 07-03-2014
LOL! Seems like she's kind of still off. She's giving everyone nasty looks and told her daughter to bark at the dog the other day. Just WEIRD!

We've COMPLETELY ignored her, not even a wave. She's not done anything that I can see (of course, we don't let our pets out alone). Still have to wait for appt to install security system. We're trying to see if we can do when she ain't home, but we may not have a lot of choice. Locks are done. Restraining order has not been filed yet as I've been working (like a dog, I might add) so earliest I can do is Tuesday.

Oh, and it appears that the husband has been gone a little more too....
NightOwl 12:17 PM 07-03-2014
Thanks for the update! Keep us in the loop. I think some of us become invested in each other's struggles, so I was laying in bed last night watching Letterman and thinking, I wonder what's been going on with the lunatic neighbor of Mom of 4's..... Lol.
MOM OF 4 12:32 PM 07-03-2014
NP.

Something probably insane inside her head.

Countdown to May.

Except: We'll be left alone with ALL her crazy self Nov-Jan while hubby is on TDY....
Josiegirl 04:15 AM 07-04-2014
Does this woman actually have parents who want her to care for their children??? She must put on 1 helluva an act.
So sorry you have to deal with this person. Neighbors can be a blessing and then there's people like her.
Second Home 03:25 PM 07-04-2014
I bet that she told her kid to bark at your dog so your dog would bark back at her . Then she could record the dog barking and then file another complaint with evidence of the dog barking .
racemom 08:24 PM 07-04-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Thanks for the update! Keep us in the loop. I think some of us become invested in each other's struggles, so I was laying in bed last night watching Letterman and thinking, I wonder what's been going on with the lunatic neighbor of Mom of 4's..... Lol.
I am the same way! I will find myself coming on here just to find out if someone has been able to solve there issues!
Josiegirl 03:42 AM 07-05-2014
Me too! There are a few events I'm trying to keep up on here. We learn a lot through others. Plus it's almost as good as reading books. I'm waiting for updates constantly from PV about her scary ghost situation.
MOM OF 4 03:37 PM 07-05-2014
Well, here's a funny story about crazy lady.

My dd was being HIGHLY immature the other day. She looked through the fence bc she sd she heard a baby giggling. She said "MOM I SAW THE BABY'S BUTT NEKKID"

I guess the little girl was swinging on the swing in the neighbor's yard WITHOUT any clothes.

I mean, maybe they're trying to PT her, but ick! lol
NightOwl 05:43 PM 07-05-2014
Oh cheese n rice....
Angelsj 08:27 AM 07-06-2014
Originally Posted by MOM OF 4:
Well, here's a funny story about crazy lady.

My dd was being HIGHLY immature the other day. She looked through the fence bc she sd she heard a baby giggling. She said "MOM I SAW THE BABY'S BUTT NEKKID"

I guess the little girl was swinging on the swing in the neighbor's yard WITHOUT any clothes.

I mean, maybe they're trying to PT her, but ick! lol
Your lady is pretty nuts, but I wouldn't judge this too harshly. My youngest two used to go out in the lovely fenced yard to play (ages 2-3) and remove their clothing quick as a flash. They would have a fun time swinging, sliding and dancing naked until I checked a few minutes later and made them put them back on.
CraftyMom 11:07 AM 07-06-2014
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
Your lady is pretty nuts, but I wouldn't judge this too harshly. My youngest two used to go out in the lovely fenced yard to play (ages 2-3) and remove their clothing quick as a flash. They would have a fun time swinging, sliding and dancing naked until I checked a few minutes later and made them put them back on.
Me too, my 3 yo son can strip naked quicker than I can blink! And then run through the yard lol
CraftyMom 11:09 AM 07-06-2014
Keep track of everything and if you see her recording, maybe whip out your phone and secretly record her, recording your kids or dog...at least for a few minutes before you get them back inside
MOM OF 4 02:01 PM 07-06-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Me too, my 3 yo son can strip naked quicker than I can blink! And then run through the yard lol
LOL!!!! I think the funny part was what my DD said. I had a DCG that stripped down nekkid, and started to smear poop from the diaper on the playpen. I caught that FAST but she was pretty darn quick!

Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Keep track of everything and if you see her recording, maybe whip out your phone and secretly record her, recording your kids or dog...at least for a few minutes before you get them back inside
I might just have to do that too. Good idea!

Her dog got out yesterday. Surprise, she thinks MY dog is the one going to get out? Hers did and my hubby said he thinks they'll find a way to blame us.
sharlan 04:05 PM 07-24-2014
Any update on this?
Tags:crazy neighbor, neighbor dispute, threatening neighbor
Reply Up