Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Part-Timer Holiday Fee?
Unregistered 09:27 PM 10-03-2019
Do you require your part timers (permanent) to also pay if holidays if their scheduled days fall onto a holiday? I have a kid that will only attends 2 days and asked that question. I said Yes because it's part of our yearly commitment. Am I right?
Michael 12:10 AM 10-04-2019
Here are some more threads on Holiday Rates: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=holiday+rates
CountryRoads 06:48 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do you require your part timers (permanent) to also pay if holidays if their scheduled days fall onto a holiday? I have a kid that will only attends 2 days and asked that question. I said Yes because it's part of our yearly commitment. Am I right?
Yes, I think you're right. If it's a contracted day, then should pay the holiday rate.

Being part-time doesn't change that fact that their day fell on a holiday. I'm assuming they were just trying to get out of paying for the day.
Jupadia 07:16 AM 10-04-2019
When I use to do pt kids I had them pay for holidays if they fell on a regular scheduled day. Just like my full timers
e.j. 08:45 AM 10-04-2019
I've always had my part timers pay when a holiday falls on their day to be here. I also don't mind letting a part time child switch days as long as I have an opening on a different day of that same week, especially if the child comes on Mondays and gets socked this time of year with all of the Monday holidays.
Baby Beluga 09:43 AM 10-04-2019
If the holiday falls on a regularly scheduled day, then yes.

If it falls on a day they are not scheduled to be here, then no.
AmyKidsCo 12:19 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
If the holiday falls on a regularly scheduled day, then yes.

If it falls on a day they are not scheduled to be here, then no.
Ditto. It stinks for my Mon/Wed/Fri child, but that's the schedule they chose.
Tags:holiday rates
Reply Up