Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Fees
Ac114 04:38 AM 01-28-2020
So I was really bad about enforcing my late fees up until this point with late pickups and late payments. I sent out a nice, I’m done being walked all over, letter after Christmas break with an updated policy about late fees, illness policy etc. my question is, when it’s siblings do you charge one late fee or 2 because it’s 2 spots?
Ariana 05:19 AM 01-28-2020
I charge one late fee as it is only one pickup not two.
Cat Herder 05:36 AM 01-28-2020
I charge two because it is two contracts. Both easily filled with unrelated children if they continue being late.

$1 per minute, per child.
LittleExplorers 06:43 AM 01-28-2020
I would charge two and then give a warning. I don't want extra money, I want pick ups to be on time. Two strikes and you can find new care.
Unregistered 07:47 AM 01-28-2020
I also charge per child, not per family.. charge my late fee once... now grandma picks up a few times a week
Ac114 08:05 AM 01-28-2020
Ok, I charged 2 late fees then second guessed myself. So just wanted to see how everyone else did it. Thanks!
284878 05:25 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by Ac114:
Ok, I charged 2 late fees then second guessed myself. So just wanted to see how everyone else did it. Thanks!
I had a trio set and charged per child. DCM was not happy and told me "this can't happen again" and it didn't because I replaced and termed. Then she told me "I am disappointed in you" When I saw her in the store once, she quickly went the other way.

Anyways the other day I realized that was the only time I charged per child.
rosieteddy 05:46 AM 01-29-2020
I o pickup.always charged per family.After 3 late pick-ups I might have changed that ,it never went that far .Usually two hefty fees was enough to at least get there back up to pick up on time.
Cat Herder 06:04 AM 01-29-2020
I did want to add that if there were an emergency and the parent contacted me BEFORE showing up late, I work with them. Sometimes that may even mean getting the parent a ride home (car wreck/transported to ER/released/car totaled/no way home/no family nearby) or keeping the children overnight/a few days (other parent injured at work/in emergency surgery/waiting for updates on survivability/no family nearby).

I am not unreasonable, I just expect adults to act as such.
Tags:late fee, late fee - letter, late fee letter, late fee policy, late fees
Reply Up