Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dance Songs
flying_babyb 08:45 AM 02-15-2020
Im so sick of super siah, gummy bears and baby shark. What songs make your children drop everything and dance?
Rockgirl 05:43 PM 02-15-2020
Crocodile Rock
Kung Fu Fighting
I’m Still Standing

The soundtrack from the Trolls movie is a favorite here, too.
284878 06:07 AM 02-16-2020
Dance baby dance
The freeze song
Ariana 08:00 PM 02-16-2020
The Fav’s are:
Shut up and dance
One foot in front of the other
What does the fox say (this one is hilarious)

We also listen regularly to:
Justin Bieber
Sia
Taylor Swift
Trolls soundtrack
Frozen soundtrack
My Little Pony movie soundtracks (especially Rainbow Rocks)
Pandaluver21 08:58 PM 02-16-2020
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...afFNgtUKqfGBWk
DaveA 03:35 AM 02-17-2020
In the morning I use CDs. It is a mix of Raffi, Greg& Steve, Hap Palmer, Disney, Trout Fishing in America, and some other general kid's music.

In the afternoon I turn on our cable's kids music station. It tends to be about a 3 way split of classic kids songs, songs from movie soundtracks, and things like songs from the French version of Sesame Street.
Ariana 06:42 AM 02-17-2020
Oh we also love Raffi and Randy Kaplin although Randy is more funny/folky type guitar music not so much for dance!
BlueChairBlessings 10:04 AM 02-17-2020
My kiddos are HUGE dance partiers 😁 Their current favorites are:

Wonky Donkey
I'm Still Standing
Handclap song
Happy
You're Welcome
It's Raining Tacos
Crazy Frog
Gummy Bear
High Hopes

We frequently turn on a Disney movie sing playlist on YouTube. At first, I thought I might have an issue with kids trying to sit & watch but we haven't.
e.j. 10:29 AM 02-17-2020
Right now, my group seems to love "Let It Go" and anything Laurie Berkner.
Cat Herder 05:49 AM 02-18-2020
Right now mine are into "King of the Bongos" and "Mardi Gras Mambo" from Putumayo kids. https://putumayokids.bandcamp.com/tr...gras-mambo-usa
Cat Herder 05:55 AM 02-18-2020
King of Bongos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJMLJVha5sw
dolores 06:33 AM 02-18-2020
Besides youtube and CDs, what other music media do you use for kids? I used CDs back in the day but they get scratched quickly. Pandora has ads for the free version so thinking about subscribing which last I checked was $3/month.
Cat Herder 09:34 AM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by dolores:
Besides youtube and CDs, what other music media do you use for kids? I used CDs back in the day but they get scratched quickly. Pandora has ads for the free version so thinking about subscribing which last I checked was $3/month.
I still only use CD's. I just found the favorite songs online to link here. I keep the player up high on a mounted shelf the kids can't reach to keep them from banging the shelf and scratching them up. It was my only successful defense.

My playroom is screen-free and I don' want to encourage the kids to ask to use my PC or tablet. It becomes too expensive to keep replacing damaged equipment for me.
Rockgirl 09:59 AM 02-18-2020
We subscribe to Apple Music, so that’s mostly what I use here. I also have several Pandora stations I like for daycare hours. I was paying the $4.99/month for the ad-free version until we started Apple Music. The pandora ads really aren’t that bad. The stations I use the most for daycare are:

Children’s Indie
Motown
70s Light Rock
Adult Alternative

I can only tolerate children’s music for a short time, so I usually just put on regular music that’s appropriate for kids.
BlueChairBlessings 12:29 PM 02-18-2020
We have used Pandora and Amazon music. I use Amazon a lot at naptime, specifically "100 nature sounds for sleeping." If that playlist ever gets removed, I might have a panic attack 🙂
Tags:dance, dance music, music suggestions, zydeco
Reply Up