Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Announcing Gas
melissa ann 12:25 PM 12-06-2011
I have a 4 yr old dcg, who every time she passes gas, announces to everyone that she tooted and laughs. First of all, I never heard of "tooted" before this girl. For some reason, that term really irriates me. I always tell her, she doesn't have to announce it, but she can just say excuse me.
My own kids and my other dcks, will say excuse me. Sometimes, I will ask for what (because they will also say it if someone is in their way) and they will say they farted or bull frogged. But normally will not announce. If someone starts to stink, I will just ask who stinks, and normally the kids will say who had gas or if the younger one needs a diaper change.
Crystal 12:43 PM 12-06-2011
LOL!

Well, I have never heard of "bull-frogged" and that sounds more offensive to me than "tooted"

I'd just ignore it!
sharlan 01:03 PM 12-06-2011
I just tell the boys that I don't need to know about it.

They're in a phase where they run around saying, "I farted, I farted, I steamed my butt, I farted." It is met with an icy stare and a "I don't need to know about it." I have no idea where they came up with that and neither do their parents.
mismatchedsocks 01:11 PM 12-06-2011
Tell her from now on to say excuse me or excuse me i tooted, and to move on with the day. We say excuse me when we fart or burp here, and that is ok. I wouldnt laugh about it, or talk about it.
KBCsMommy 01:12 PM 12-06-2011
Tooty Booty!!!!!

Thats what I tell them!!
Michelle 01:20 PM 12-06-2011
My wonderful husband usually tells them, "wow! I just saw the couch lift up 2 feet!, or hah you just stepped on a frog, to encourage them... it's my husband that gets the icy stare!
PitterPatter 01:55 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
I have a 4 yr old dcg, who every time she passes gas, announces to everyone that she tooted and laughs. First of all, I never heard of "tooted" before this girl. For some reason, that term really irriates me. I always tell her, she doesn't have to announce it, but she can just say excuse me.
My own kids and my other dcks, will say excuse me. Sometimes, I will ask for what (because they will also say it if someone is in their way) and they will say they farted or bull frogged. But normally will not announce. If someone starts to stink, I will just ask who stinks, and normally the kids will say who had gas or if the younger one needs a diaper change.
Originally Posted by Crystal:
LOL!

Well, I have never heard of "bull-frogged" and that sounds more offensive to me than "tooted"

I'd just ignore it!
Ditto, same here. Never heard of bull frog they sometimes say tooted. It doesn't offend me at all. I wouldn't ask who stinks tho. That might embarrass a child. I would just let it go as long as it's not foul language and you are guiding them to use the term excuse me then that would be good enough for me. Here we says excuse me. My 2 cents
Zoe 01:57 PM 12-06-2011
Potty humor. It's hilarious for kids and always will be. Heck, for many adults it's still hilarious! Yeah, it might be rude, but it's a lot better than other things the kids could be saying. If it bugs you then only thing I think you can do is ignore them when they announce it.
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:43 AM 12-08-2011
I think it's kinda funny when all the dck's are sitting down, doing something together and one of them toots and they ALL look at me.

Yes I heard it and no it was not me.
CheekyChick 08:47 AM 12-08-2011
At this age, tooting and potty humor is HILARIOUS to children. I don't mind if they laugh, but I do want them to say excuse me.
Tags:4 year old, fart, funny, gassy, humorus
Reply Up