Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Friday, are you over yet?
SilverSabre25 08:24 AM 04-10-2015
Dad dropped the 2.5 year old off at 11 AM and said that she hasn't had breakfast and needs to eat it now. That's not cool on at least a dozen levels. Said kid is an emotional, whiny mess and small wonder since she hasn't eaten, except for the half empty package of Fiber 1 fruit snacks she came in holding! Lunch is in 45 minutes and she'll have to wait... I'm not going to interrupt the 5 other kids' morning to feed one kid who takes an inordinately long time to eat and wants spoon/hand feed at age 2. No. Just. .. no.
daycare 08:26 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Dad dropped the 2.5 year old off at 11 AM and said that she hasn't had breakfast and needs to eat it now. That's not cool on at least a dozen levels. Said kid is an emotional, whiny mess and small wonder since she hasn't eaten, except for the half empty package of Fiber 1 fruit snacks she came in holding! Lunch is in 45 minutes and she'll have to wait... I'm not going to interrupt the 5 other kids' morning to feed one kid who takes an inordinately long time to eat and wants spoon/hand feed at age 2. No. Just. .. no.
45 min screamer this morning. Wanted his iPad DCD brought in. No just no.

Lol friday needs to be done

Btw. Nice to see you. You've been hiding
SilverSabre25 08:33 AM 04-10-2015
Not hiding exactly. Just swamped for weeks on end! I don't keep my computer up all day and browsing here mobile is awkward.
Martha Stewart 08:34 AM 04-10-2015
2.5 yo dcb ran in and smacked a dgc, then shoved over a dcb while his dad was still in the entry way. Good times.

Friday 5:00 where are you?
Unregistered 08:39 AM 04-10-2015
Dcg3 needs to poop but won't. Screaming and crying every 30 mins when she gets the urge. Dcb2 SO cranky fighting, crying, arguing.
Dcg2 1/2 not listening to anything anyone says fighting with everyone
Dcg4 trying to the boss of everyone else.
Dcb1 complete angel. I'll take 4 more!

So thankful it's Friday and cannot wait till 5pm.
Also thankful it's nap time haha
AuntTami 08:45 AM 04-10-2015
Everyone is tired and crabby. My angel child keeps hitting everyone and every thing with a plastic toy microphone. My demon child is being a crying, screaming emotional mess which is normal but more than I can handle today.

They're all sitting down watching Lalaloopsy because I needed a 5 minute rest.

T minus 5 1/2 hours until quitting time. I think I'll have a large glass, or the whole bottle, of wine and be asleep by 7:00!!!
SilverSabre25 08:51 AM 04-10-2015
My whole group of 6 is an emotional disaster today. it's highly unusual. I'm chalking it up to weather (soooooo windy today) and the fact that the was spring break well for my two preschoolers and the S/A sibling we've had with us. Too much togetherness!
daycarediva 08:56 AM 04-10-2015
I feel your pain.

My normally awesome 4 yo is having meltdown after meltdown.

Normally awesome 2 yo is whiny and clingy after being out for 10 days on vacation----with 14 adults and no other children.

Normally awesome 4yo is whiny because best buddy 4yo is also whiny.

Sent 3yo home, Mom was late, and then explained why- potty trained child had an 'accident' (eg diarrhea blow out) so bad she had to stop on the side of the road, strip her car seat, clothing, and call Dad for help. Then they had to go home, hose her off in the shower and STILL attempted to drop her off. No way, that's not an actual accident. ADIOS!

Other 3yo is typically a hellion, being quite chill today, FIGURES! HAHA!

It's Friday though!
SilverSabre25 09:02 AM 04-10-2015
I'm both glad and sorry that is not just me/my group. Glad because I'm not alone, and sorry because you guys have the same ridiculousness going on!

Mine all need outside time badly but with the wind I don't feel comfortable being in the backyard (we often get humongous branches in the yard from neighbor trees) and I don't have the energy to police them in the front until later, near pick up time.
Blackcat31 09:16 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

It IS Friday....
Reply Up