Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>State Pay and MMK
craftymissbeth 05:19 AM 07-31-2014
I'm getting ready to receive my first state payment from one of my current families. How do I go about setting up the invoices in MMK? Do I not create an invoice for state pay clients?

To test it out I created an invoice and then recorded a state payment in Record other Income. It didn't take the invoice total down, so I'm guessing that's because it wasn't paid with the client's actual money...

So for state payments do I create invoices, or not?
craftymissbeth 07:55 AM 07-31-2014
Really? No one?
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 07-31-2014
I don't make invoices for payments from the state.

I only make up invoices for monies paid by the parent.

I record the income from the state (in Record Other Income) so that my records reflect the income but I don't invoice parents for state pay.

Sorry, I know that wasn't helpful but that's how I do mine.
craftymissbeth 08:03 AM 07-31-2014
No, that's exactly what I was wondering. This particular parent is wanting to pay quite a bit ahead of time so I was just checking to see if there is an easy way to keep track of it... like creating an invoice and keeping an eye on their balance, kwim? I think I'll just make a spreadsheet to keep track.
Kelly 01:12 PM 07-31-2014
My state assistance parent pays my regular rate ahead of time. When I get the check I credit her next payment by clicking at the bottom of the the invoice form on MMK where it says fees or discounts. I discount the amount of the check and it subtracts it from her invoice. Then I add the check as other income.
craftymissbeth 01:22 PM 07-31-2014
Originally Posted by Kelly:
My state assistance parent pays my regular rate ahead of time. When I get the check I credit her next payment by clicking at the bottom of the the invoice form on MMK where it says fees or discounts. I discount the amount of the check and it subtracts it from her invoice. Then I add the check as other income.
Do you create an invoice for each week like normal or just one big invoice? When that invoice gets down to $0 do you just "Close Invoice" or delete it?
Kelly 07:53 PM 07-31-2014
My DCM pays every 2 weeks so I create an invoice for 2 weeks at a time. She pays my regular rate which is less than what the state pays so her invoice never gets below 0.
Reply Up