Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: How many of your kids actually sleep during nap time?
All of them 40 72.73%
Over half of them 11 20.00%
Half of them 4 7.27%
Less than half of them 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Of Your Kids Actually Sleep During Nap Time?
Christina72684 04:57 AM 10-13-2011
I have two 3yr old boys that fight naptime every day. One of them rarely naps at all, but does stay on his cot. The other boy cries a lot because he hates sleeping. Sometimes bother other kids, and sometimes just lay there. I've read here and there that kids don't have to nap, that just relaxing and resting is good enough, but it would be nice if they all slept so they didn't bother other kids and I could get some work done.
momofsix 05:27 AM 10-13-2011
I have a couple of older (over 5) kids that don't need a nap every day. All my kids sleep in one room, so they need to stay on their sleeping bag and rest or read a book quietly. If they are noisy their book gets taken away and they need to lay down like the others. After everyone else has fallen asleep they may color or do some other quiet activity that they can do on their own.
At 3 I would think your boys still need a nap. I would do a looooong walk in the morning and lots of outside time. Make sure they're burning all that energy up!
2ndFamilyDC 05:31 AM 10-13-2011
Out of 7 kids I have one 3 YO boy that fights the sleeping, he doesn't disturb the other kids but he does disturb me. He ends up falling asleep 30 minutes before naptime is over so is of course sleeping when the other kids get up and then he gets up. His older brother was the same way for me sadly. Not much you can do about it, just live with it, it is what it is.
godiva83 05:59 AM 10-13-2011
All of my DCK's nap for atleast 1.5 hours most days they nap from 12:30-2:30
laundrymom 10:43 AM 10-13-2011
All 10 plus the dog. Lol.

When they outgrow nap. They outgrow me
Cat Herder 10:48 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:

Same here...except 6 kids, the dog and 4 cats.
sharlan 10:50 AM 10-13-2011
3 yo sleeps, 4 yo doesn't

3 yo gets up anywhere from 4:30 AM to 6 AM, so he's tired by 12.

4 yo gets up anywhere from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM, so he's not so tired during the day.
CountryMommy 10:55 AM 10-13-2011
All four of mine sleep from 1:00 to 2:30-3:00. They range from 9 months to 3 years old.
Meyou 11:04 AM 10-13-2011
All of them everyday. I have one that wakes after 1.5 hours but she plays very quietly in the playroom once she wakes.
SunflowerMama 11:09 AM 10-13-2011

Same here except the dog .
nannyde 11:20 AM 10-13-2011

I put my two dogs down shortly after the kids go down. If they don't have "fur share" snuggle time in the afternoon the puppy is UNLIVEABLE in the evening.
permanentvacation 11:33 AM 10-13-2011
All of mine ( 7 of them right now) sleep every day for nap!
Mine are ages 1-3 1/2 years old.
Jewels 11:42 AM 10-13-2011
All of my kids under age 4 nap every day, otherwise I have two 5 yr old girls that don't nap, and my son who is close to 5, I just started letting him stay up, since the girls didn't nap, I felt bad making my son take a nap while they watched a movie, so I decided hes close to kindergarten anyways, one of the 5 yr olds still falls asleep during the movie...but otherwise everyone falls asleep, no one fights it.
tbutler 11:47 AM 10-13-2011
All mine are sleep...(2) 3 year olds and (1) 4 year old and my 1.5 year old beagle/golden retriever mix is asleep too!
MommyMuffin 11:50 AM 10-13-2011
All sleep except 1yo DCB who never slept as an infant either. He has to stay in pnp like everyone else. No other dcprovider would take him because he wont nap. I might have to stop taking him too. I'm trying to give him time but I'm not sure how much longer.
themoorethemerrier 11:56 AM 10-13-2011
Out of the 6 - ages 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 (usually at school) and 7 - my oldest is least likely to sleep every day. I tell her if she's being quiet and still, when everyone else is asleep I'll sneak her in a few books. I'd say that most days she naps, but some she gets to read. It's our little "big kid secret".
Meeko 11:56 AM 10-13-2011
Every one.
Every day.
queenbee 12:34 PM 10-13-2011
All 12 of my daycare children nap every day that they are here. Naptime is from 12:30 - 3pm.

The nap room is in complete, total darkness, with white noise playing for the duration, and a nice cool temperature to surround them into oblivious sweet dreams

They all lay down and conk out within 10 minutes. I go back to collect the sleeping angels at 3pm everyday and it is extremely rare for anyone to awake before I arrive. I am blessed with a good routine and good little sleepers.
Christina72684 05:33 PM 10-13-2011
How do you all do it? Do you let them play between lunch and nap, or do they eat and then lay right down?
Christian Mother 05:45 PM 10-13-2011
All 4 dcb's and the dog. Right now we r on Oct. break an my oldest son is up playing when the kids sleep but my 4 yr old sleeps also while the littles are down.
themoorethemerrier 07:31 PM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
How do you all do it? Do you let them play between lunch and nap, or do they eat and then lay right down?
I have a later lunch and they don't lay down until after 1 pm. We have a strict routine of eat slowly, excuse your self from the table (with a please, of course ), go potty and wash your hands, then get in bed. I have cots ready usually before lunch, so it's a smooth transition.

I found play and TV to be stimulants for my kiddies.

If I see fidgity little bodies I find myself a book and sit close by so that they sense my presence and I can remind them to rest...

I also had a problem with siblings not sleeping well in the same room, so one bed was moved into the hall for awhile to "help" (so it didn't seem like a punishment) and that lasted for a week.

HTH!
queenbee 08:45 PM 10-13-2011
No play between lunch and nap. It provides too much stimulation and distractions and we clean-up before lunch so no toys are allowed out until much later in the afternoon.

Lunch, diaper change or bathroom break, head directly to bed. Lights go out once everyone is in bed and everyone gets some much needed shut eye
Meyou 04:56 AM 10-14-2011
We go out before lunch for at least 30 minutes just to get the sillies out. We normally go for a walk and I chase them or they run races. It's just to burn off energy and get out LOUD voices out before lunch. Our main outside play time is earlier in the morning.

Then quiet (very quiet) play until lunch (15 min or so), they eat, go potty and go lay down in their beds to wait for me. When the last one is done eating I go slowly to each of them and tuck them in, kiss them good night, chase the bedbugs away and turn out the lights. Half of them are normally pretty chilled out even before I get there.

I have two nap rooms and both are very dark, cool with fans going on opposite ends of the rooms for white noise. They nap from 12 to 230.
Tags:nap, naptime
Reply Up