Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>QRIS/Star Rating System
Blackcat31 12:32 PM 05-29-2014
Do you support QRIS in your state?
Annalee 12:34 PM 05-29-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Do you support QRIS in your state?
NO, NO, and NO!!!!!!!
Heidi 12:43 PM 05-29-2014
I put for other reasons, although one reason IS the education.

Main reason; I think it's a big waste of money! For a lot less, they could just enforce the 765 licensing regs and fine/close down illegals.
Annalee 12:49 PM 05-29-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I put for other reasons, although one reason IS the education.

Main reason; I think it's a big waste of money! For a lot less, they could just enforce the 765 licensing regs and fine/close down illegals.
AMEN!! Give the authority to licensing but make sure licensing enforces the rules for everyone. I think licensing became sluggish with their jobs for a while before QRIS come into play!
Leanna 04:21 PM 05-29-2014
I voted dislike/do not support for other reasons. I DO think early childhood education as a whole needs to be improved and professionalized, but I DO NOT think QRIS is the way to do that.
Lucy 07:30 PM 05-29-2014
I see that (so far) 1 person supports it completely. I'm not judging or criticizing at all here, but I'd LOVE to hear positives about this system. I can't find any on my own, so please help me, Dear 1 Person!! I'm being serious. I want to hear some enthusiasm about this.
Annalee 07:07 AM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by Lucy:
I see that (so far) 1 person supports it completely. I'm not judging or criticizing at all here, but I'd LOVE to hear positives about this system. I can't find any on my own, so please help me, Dear 1 Person!! I'm being serious. I want to hear some enthusiasm about this.
I do not know who the one person is for QRIS but, in the beginning, I supported it as well. I thought QRIS would separate the good from the bad child care programs which was what I think was a part of the original purpose. Point being, those of you that like QRIS, just keep an open mind as it has an underlying agenda that begins in a subtle way and then you wake up and think, has the state lost their mind??????
MarinaVanessa 10:27 AM 05-30-2014
I voted I agreed with it.

I agree with ours AS THEY DESCRIBE IT NOW for the following reasons:
-I've taken some of the training they offer already over the last year and they have helped me solve many of my problems.
-The tools they offer help tremendously with my day to day to day routine.
-my clients have noticed the difference over the last year and like it for the better.
-we are required to use the DRDP and I already do that.
-we are required to use the ASQ and I already do that.
-we have to have an AA to score a 4 in this area and I already want to do that anyway so this isn't a biggie. So far I have 12 units and score 2 points in this area but I'm fine with going through the process.
-I already use FCCERS-R as self assessment and have taken training on it so I'm comfortable with it. I don't think it's that hard and I'm okay with scoring lower in some areas just because I don't feel like going through the hassle of scoring higher

the only thing I'm worried about is the CLASS assessment since I don't know a whole lot about it. But as long as they keep it as is and don't start stirring the pot and mixing more stuff into it I'm okay with it.
Annalee 10:45 AM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
I voted I agreed with it.

I agree with ours AS THEY DESCRIBE IT NOW for the following reasons:
-I've taken some of the training they offer already over the last year and they have helped me solve many of my problems.
-The tools they offer help tremendously with my day to day to day routine.
-my clients have noticed the difference over the last year and like it for the better.
-we are required to use the DRDP and I already do that.
-we are required to use the ASQ and I already do that.
-we have to have an AA to score a 4 in this area and I already want to do that anyway so this isn't a biggie. So far I have 12 units and score 2 points in this area but I'm fine with going through the process.
-I already use FCCERS-R as self assessment and have taken training on it so I'm comfortable with it. I don't think it's that hard and I'm okay with scoring lower in some areas just because I don't feel like going through the hassle of scoring higher

the only thing I'm worried about is the CLASS assessment since I don't know a whole lot about it. But as long as they keep it as is and don't start stirring the pot and mixing more stuff into it I'm okay with it.
Hi MV. I do respect your opinion.

"NOW" is the key word. I sincerely hope your QRIS stays in the "NOW" stage for providers in your state. Providers here feel we got pulled in with high expectations and then got the shaft!
MarinaVanessa 10:16 PM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Hi MV. I do respect your opinion.

"NOW" is the key word. I sincerely hope your QRIS stays in the "NOW" stage for providers in your state. Providers here feel we got pulled in with high expectations and then got the shaft!
Exactly, that's why I capped NOW. They're always trying to get support on issues by dangling something in your face and then doing the good ol bait and switch and give you something different. If this happens I may come back and change my answer some day
KiddieCahoots 10:26 AM 05-31-2014
QRIS doesn't seem totally developed in my state. There is not enough licensed workers to do the evaluations or monitoring?
Trying to get answers or explanations on what or how you go about finding what needs to be done to get yourself to the next level, is very confusing. Different people gave different answers.
So don't feel I've got all the facts yet to make a justifiable answer.
Upon the facts I do have, and what I've already stated, I'd have to say, No.
Most of what has helped me improve my child care in the last few years has been guided through obtaining my CDA, which coincides with a lot of the QRIS standards.
llpa 03:16 PM 06-02-2014
In my area, The "star" rating system is becoming more visible on sites that parents check to connect w childcare providers. So I almost feel it necessary to become involved in the program to be competitive even though I don't really agree with it. So I support it, "I guess" kwim??
Tags:qris, stars program
Reply Up