Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>New To The Forum
fifi 12:26 PM 10-21-2017
Hello! I am new to the forum. I worked in child care at a family resource centre for 8 years before starting my official education in ECE. I also have a BA in English Literature. I am now working at a daycare centre where we are beginning to implement aspects of the Reggio philosophy, and I am loving it! I also love doing circle time, making felt board stories, and singing with the children. It makes my day when I hear children singing circle time songs later in the day, because it shows me that what I've been doing with them at circle time is connecting with them. At the family resource centre we never did circle time, and I realize how much those children were missing out. I believe that circle time helps build a sense of community and belonging for the children. When I first started working at this centre, my now former co-worker refused to do circle time and sneered at me whenever I talked about starting it up again. Now I have a new co-worker who is passionate and energetic and fully on board with doing circle time and other program implementation, and I am so glad.
Tags:canada member
Up