Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Morning Convo
sharlan 01:19 PM 10-04-2016
Dcm comes in - "I" has a little cough so I gave her some ibuprofen.

Me - Did she have a fever?

Dcm - No, just a little cough.

Me - Ibuprofen is for a fever, not a cough.

Dcm - I know, but that's all I had so I gave it to her.

I just shook my head and walked away. I asked dcg if dcm took her temp, no.

All of my kids have a cough right now. I'm sure it's from the weather change. We went from really hot to cold at night and early AM.
Rockgirl 01:25 PM 10-04-2016
Some people are completely clueless about meds. I have a friend who thinks any prescription is called an antibiotic. She also thinks OTC cold meds--the ones used to treat symptoms--cure a cold.
Ariana 01:46 PM 10-04-2016
What the
Pestle 02:39 PM 10-04-2016

Controlled Chaos 08:06 PM 10-04-2016
I have had a few Tylenol happy parents. Kids grumpy? Tylenol! Runny nose? Tylenol! Didn't sleep well? Tylenol? Poor doped up little babies
daycare 08:16 PM 10-04-2016
It amazes me how many parents jump to becoming a doctor and diagnosing their child's issues, then self prescribing them medications.

Dcm of mine gave her child a cocktail of OTC Meds everyday because it's what her mom gave her when she was sick. I caught on quickly, as soon as I did I told dcm no more. It was amazing that when dcm did stop giving it to her child we saw a whole different child with no aggressive behavior and this child was not sick.
mommyneedsadayoff 06:22 AM 10-05-2016
This is my sister...drives me crazy. I swear she will give them Tylenol if the wing changed directions. And she thinks I am crazy because I never give any meds unless absolutely necessary. My daughter had a slight temp (barely 100) and she said I was mean for not giving her tylenol. I said I wanted to wait and see what her temp did before I gave meds so I can get a better idea of what's wrong. She looked at me like I had two heads! Sorry, I trust her body to handle illness far more than I trust drugs, so yes, I'm gonna give her body a chance before I step in and offer help. And lo and behold, she went to bed, slept hard, and woke up completely normal...no drugs needed!
Reply Up