Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thinking of Terming New Family
melissa ann 06:37 AM 10-16-2010
Yesterday at pickup, same mom who had the check issue, told me that for next week, could we do Mon-Wed. When she started she told me Tue, Thur, Fri. 2 weeks ago she needed 4 days and I did it. This Mon my son has a check up at the doctor. I made it for Mon because I'm not scheduled to have any kids Mon. They are going on vacation and leaving Thur. I told her I couldn't do it Mon as I had no one to watch the kids while I'm gone. Now she doesn't want to pay my 3 day min. My other family is also going on vaction and leaving the 22 and coming back the 27 so the kids will only be here Thur and Fri. Mom said the kids will only be here 2 days but will pay the 3 days min. I"m so annoyed with this new family.
My mom had off today so she took my dd to the bus stop. This family only showed up at 8:15 and we leave at 8:10 to take my daughter. The reason they were late today? Girl was hungry and wanted to go to Mc'D's for hashbrowns. I have in my handbook that no food/toys are allowed unless there is enough food for everyone. Plus, I serve b-fast until 7:30 so she should either eat at home, or eat in the car. Even though I need this money, I"m seriously
MarinaVanessa 07:07 AM 10-16-2010
Ugh, I hate these clients. Why sign an agreement that you are going to fight every step of the way????
momofboys 04:00 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
Yesterday at pickup, same mom who had the check issue, told me that for next week, could we do Mon-Wed. When she started she told me Tue, Thur, Fri. 2 weeks ago she needed 4 days and I did it. This Mon my son has a check up at the doctor. I made it for Mon because I'm not scheduled to have any kids Mon. They are going on vacation and leaving Thur. I told her I couldn't do it Mon as I had no one to watch the kids while I'm gone. Now she doesn't want to pay my 3 day min. My other family is also going on vaction and leaving the 22 and coming back the 27 so the kids will only be here Thur and Fri. Mom said the kids will only be here 2 days but will pay the 3 days min. I"m so annoyed with this new family.
My mom had off today so she took my dd to the bus stop. This family only showed up at 8:15 and we leave at 8:10 to take my daughter. The reason they were late today? Girl was hungry and wanted to go to Mc'D's for hashbrowns. I have in my handbook that no food/toys are allowed unless there is enough food for everyone. Plus, I serve b-fast until 7:30 so she should either eat at home, or eat in the car. Even though I need this money, I"m seriously
It's a hard decision I'm sure. I hate having to deal with parents who constantly push my rules/timeframes. It would really annoy me if I needed to take my kids somewhere & the DCP were late to drop-off. KUP about what you do, I can't offer any advice but can understand where you are coming from. It's sad that the DCP can't be more respectful.
QualiTcare 07:18 PM 10-16-2010
well, of course terming is always an option, BUT if you really can't afford to - you could always let your mom take your son to his check up.

i've let my MIL take my son to a check up when i had to work and he was healthy/had no concerns. just another option.
Preschool/daycare teacher 08:58 PM 10-16-2010
I'm sure you already have been, but just throwing it out there, just in case: have you been enforcing your contract? If they signed on for Tue, Thur, Fri and your policy states that they pay whether or not they attend, just remind them of their contract and your policies. They have to pay the 3 days because that's what is in the contract. As for the food, maybe tell her next time she has to eat it before arrival. And if she's late dropping off, and you have to have your daughter at the bus stop, just leave before she gets there. When you get back and she's waiting, explain that you had to get her there by x time and since they were late and you hadn't heard anything from them that they would be late, you had no choice but to go ahead and leave.
If the policies aren't enforced, parents will continue to push and try to get by with more. But you have full rights to enforce your contract and policies without feeling bad. I know, easier said than done. I hate enforcing policies! But the outcome is usually nice. Haven't ever had anyone leave because of it, since they signed it in the beginning.
melissa ann 08:28 AM 10-17-2010
We have left to take my daughter before she arrived. We just walk down a block so she left her daughter's things on my porch and dropped her off where we were. I did tell her that she told me her schedule would be Tue, Thur and Fri so that's the days she must pay for to hold her spot. If she needs it changed and I can accomadate I would. But she is adament about paying the min rate.
MarinaVanessa 09:43 AM 10-17-2010
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
2 weeks ago she needed 4 days and I did it.
I was thinking about this and I was wondering if she paid extra for this 4th day. If not then you could bring it up by saying that since she got an extra free day that week she should count that day for this week. In either case whether she paid for that extra day or not you should sit down with her and make it clear that you have a minimum of three days whether her child is there or not. Bring out the contract and highlight the parts that show this and show them to her. It would also be a good idea to talk to her and tell her that although you did agree to have flexibility you need to know about changes to her schedule at least 2 weeks in advance.

A mom that I signed read the contract and saw the part that said that I was willing to work with changing schedules but conveniently overlooked the part that said that I needed to know the schedule two-weeks in advance. I do this for people that have retail/waitress type schedules and I know that they get their schedules 2 weeks in advance. With this same DCM I have recently started highlighting any issues I have with her in her contract and policy book with bright yellow ... and I mean bright "hurt your eyes" kind of yellow. I've only been doing this for about 2 months now but I pull her contract out and a handbook and it has lots of places where it's been highlighted. Lately she's been less confrontational because she can visually see all of the things that she's complained about or brought up and I think that she's started to see all of the things that she tries to get away with. Maybe this is something that you could do with your DCM.
melissa ann 02:38 PM 10-19-2010
She paid for the 4th day.
Today, she called at 8:10 to say they were going to be late. Around 9. We were already at the bus stop. Then at 8:30 she called again to say girl won't be coming due to a cough. I told her about still oweing for today but she said she will let me know tonight about tomorrow.
My other family right now is the 3 day min. but mom recently got another job. She lost her old one due to closings. She thinks this one will be mon-fri. So that would be full time for me, so then I would term the other family.
When I told dcg this morning that other girl wasn't coming today, she said good. So I'm not the only one who has issues with this other girl. We are just not a good match.
BentleysBands 07:40 AM 10-20-2010
hows it going with this family?
melissa ann 02:24 PM 10-20-2010
Today she was here by 8am and she paid for yesterday too. She asked me about it first. She was like, so I have to pay for yesterday. I said yes. They are gone now until Tue. Girl showed no signs of being sick. Mom said she was really coughing yeserday. I dont' think she coughed once today.
Tags:terminate, termination
Reply Up