Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grants
awestbrook713 07:38 AM 11-02-2011
I have applied for a $500 grant this year and waiting to hear about it this month. My question is where do you guys find grant information. Is it different for every state/county or is there a universal website I could look on?
Blackcat31 07:42 AM 11-02-2011
I think most the grants available to providers in my state (MN) are posted on the CCR&R's website. Otherwise, if there are more grants available, I am not aware of them.
KEG123 08:02 AM 11-02-2011
I get a newsletter every month from CCR&R and last month they notified us that the grant information session was coming up Nov 10. I freaked out because I just had a baby, a baby who breastfeeds and I do not pump, and they would not allow me to bring her (understandably) but they allowed me to send in my mother as a substitute/assistant. Thank goodness because I need it. I will be doing the competitive option which I think gives you up to $1,800 (or near there) if I would have done the other option the max is only $700. Competitive is more work, but worth it IMO for the $$.
awestbrook713 08:18 AM 11-02-2011
I will have to check my look ccr&r website thanks guys
Blackcat31 08:21 AM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
I get a newsletter every month from CCR&R and last month they notified us that the grant information session was coming up Nov 10. I freaked out because I just had a baby, a baby who breastfeeds and I do not pump, and they would not allow me to bring her (understandably) but they allowed me to send in my mother as a substitute/assistant. Thank goodness because I need it. I will be doing the competitive option which I think gives you up to $1,800 (or near there) if I would have done the other option the max is only $700. Competitive is more work, but worth it IMO for the $$.
A child care organization would not support a breast feeding mother?!?! Wow! That is kind of sad!

Almost every class, session or training offered here in my community has a little note on the bottom saying:

"While we do not offer childcare on site and ask that you not bring children with you to the meeting, we do support breastfeeding mothers and encourage them to attend with their infant."
Childminder 11:53 AM 11-02-2011
I received a $3500 grant in 2005. I knew nothing about writing grants and knew of no one that did so I went online and researched writing grants for daycares and such. One resource that helped a lot was a list of "buzzwords" for grant writing. Just google.
Sprouts 12:10 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I received a $3500 grant in 2005. I knew nothing about writing grants and knew of no one that did so I went online and researched writing grants for daycares and such. One resource that helped a lot was a list of "buzzwords" for grant writing. Just google.
where did you apply for the grant?
KEG123 12:17 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
A child care organization would not support a breast feeding mother?!?! Wow! That is kind of sad!

Almost every class, session or training offered here in my community has a little note on the bottom saying:

"While we do not offer childcare on site and ask that you not bring children with you to the meeting, we do support breastfeeding mothers and encourage them to attend with their infant."
Yeah they said that they're distractions, (my baby is an angel as long as she's attached to my boob, lol) but that I could bring her and another adult caregiver who could sit in the other room and could come and get me if I needed to nurse her. Yeah, my baby would be needing me every 10 minutes then.... she is a boob-aholic.

But at least I found another option.
daycare 12:57 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Yeah they said that they're distractions, (my baby is an angel as long as she's attached to my boob, lol) but that I could bring her and another adult caregiver who could sit in the other room and could come and get me if I needed to nurse her. Yeah, my baby would be needing me every 10 minutes then.... she is a boob-aholic.

But at least I found another option.
lol.....that is the funniest thing I have heard all day today. Boob-aholic..

Well I guess they have a backbone to enforce their rules, however silly they may be. Its the old rule of if they allow one they allow other to do it as well. but still shocked that they won't allow it
KEG123 01:48 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
lol.....that is the funniest thing I have heard all day today. Boob-aholic..

Well I guess they have a backbone to enforce their rules, however silly they may be. Its the old rule of if they allow one they allow other to do it as well. but still shocked that they won't allow it
That's what they said too. They can't make one exception because then, heaven forbid another nursing mom gets the same "privileges" as me.

(sorry for the hijack!)
awestbrook713 02:20 PM 11-02-2011
I guess I will have to do that childminder.

And no worries about the hijack I have a little boob-aholic of my own lol. Everytime I go to the doctors because I have a chronic sinus infection I tell the doctor I need the child friendly med and he actually asked me how long do you plan on breastfeeding him? My child is 9 months I never got this far with my first two due to working outside of the home so I will breast feed him till the cows come home, actually until he is one but still none of his freaking business, if any man is gonna be upset my breasts are being monopolized it would be my husband not my darn doctor!!
Unregistered 06:54 PM 11-02-2011
OP - was your $500 grant the Child Care Program Grant through VOICE? Are they doing that again this year? It was great last year - I was able to get SO many good things for my day care! I haven't seen anything about it recently. Or was this a start-up grant or something else?
awestbrook713 07:44 PM 11-02-2011
yes it is through voice. They were hoping to hear something november 1st so hopefully I find out something soon.
Childminder 11:28 AM 11-03-2011
My grant was from the state of Michigan. None available now but I just google looking for grants available for daycare, child care facilities, education of young children, etc...
Tags:grants
Reply Up