Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>I've Got A "Taddle Taler"!!!
kelliott 02:43 PM 05-13-2013
my son is going to be 3 years old next month!

ever since he has been going to real daycares (licensed, structured, more than just a babysitter and him) he has had a habbit of telling on the kids he goes to daycare with!..at his first daycare he attended, the providers youngest son was also there all day everyday, ofcourse. he was one and his name was Cole, a cute little boy!! ..literally EVERY "owie" my son came home with was "Cole did it." i know one year olds aren't perfect and i am sure Cole did a couple not-nice things to my son, as i am sure at one year old he didn't know all the rules.

at my son's second daycare, there was a boy named Rio, who again did everything wrong to my boy! he was one-two years older than my son, but they did participate in time-outs at the daycare which i think would have kept Rio from continuously hurting my boy..and i didn't recieve any report from the DCP that my son had a really rough beating from Rio or anything in the time he attended that daycare.

all the above is fine and dandy. i get kids learn and grow with timie and eventually can tell what's right from wrong.. my dilema is, even when my son is home-or on the weekends- it is STILL Cole/Rios fault for everything!.. my son runs into a wall=Rio did it. My son finds a new bruise=Cole did it...even if he hasn't been to either daycare center.... is this normal?.. is there a way to break this habbit of "lying"??
MarinaVanessa 03:37 PM 05-13-2013
At 3yo kids can't yet distinguish what is real vs what is not, they are still mastering this. Tattling is inevitable even in older children and your son has just chosen a name to communicate to you that he was hurt.

My DS is 2 1/2yo and since he turned 2 if he gets hurt, whether it was self inflicted or someone else did it all I hear is "Isis do it" (Isis is my 8yo DD). Sometimes she is not even here at the time.

For example, he fell today and scraped his knee because he did not lift his leg high enough over the sandbox while getting out. He picked himself up ran over to me (I saw the whole thing) and he immediately cried "Isis do it" ... btw Isis was at school. I just ignored what he said and said "You tripped and fell?", he nodded his head and I asked him if he was ok. We cleaned out the scrape and put a band-aid on it and I kissed his knee and sent him off to play. I find that just ignoring the "who" of it has helped out a lot.
Reply Up