Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Christmas Craft Tile
lovemykidstoo 08:55 AM 12-18-2013
It just occurred to me that I had all the kids make their parents a gift for Christmas, but I totally forgot about the baby (7 months old). The 2-4 year olds did the handprint Christmas tree that I'm going to put into an 8 X 11 frame. So, I had 1 tile leftover from last Christmas that the kids did last year with their handprint. Those kids did the handprint and then painted around the edge of it. Looked cute. The baby can't paint around the outside of it, so I just have his little handprint. Anyone have any idea on what to do to spruce up the rest of it?
Josiegirl 04:21 AM 12-20-2013
We did the tiles this year, turned their handprints into trees. Added a stenciled in yellow star, let them use q-tips or fingertips to add 'lights', added a little tree trunk, sharpie to say Merry Christmas with their name and year. Then I sprayed sealant on it, added some self-stick chair pads to all 4 corners. Voila!
butterfly 12:15 PM 12-20-2013
I did handprint salt dough with all the kids. Everyone painted them except the baby and honestly the plain little tiny print is the most adorable out of all of them. I just wrote his name and the year on it. So simple but so adorable.
e.j. 06:01 PM 12-20-2013
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
It just occurred to me that I had all the kids make their parents a gift for Christmas, but I totally forgot about the baby (7 months old). The 2-4 year olds did the handprint Christmas tree that I'm going to put into an 8 X 11 frame. So, I had 1 tile leftover from last Christmas that the kids did last year with their handprint. Those kids did the handprint and then painted around the edge of it. Looked cute. The baby can't paint around the outside of it, so I just have his little handprint. Anyone have any idea on what to do to spruce up the rest of it?
Could you maybe use his finger or a new pencil eraser dipped in paint to make red and green polk-a-dots around the edge? Or maybe use his finger to make "Christmas tree lights" around the edge? This link should show 12 plates that have edging around them that could give you some ideas: http://funhandprintart.blogspot.com/...mas-plate.html

I made plates with the kids' handprints in the center painted in green. I added a star above it using gold glitter paint and a brown tree trunk below to make it took like a tree. I edged the plates with "Christmas tree lights" (See the 2nd plate down on the left.) I have no artistic ability but found that it was easy to do and the plates came out really cute.
Tags:christmas crafts, christmas crafts - tile
Reply Up