Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default July 5th?

Is anybody taking July 5th off?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am! I saw the 4th fell on a Thursday and said, um, no thanks to a crabby-crappy Friday Now I can finally go out of town to watch the fireworks with the rest of the group and now feel so ick the next day!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

Hadn't even looked but now I am for sure taking off both Thursday and Friday. Who Hoo!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am taking it off! 4th will be a holiday, 5th will be a vacation day and I *think* we are going to FL gulf coast panhandle area for a mini vacation!! I am trying to figure out where this week so I can book something
Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Me too! I always do!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

Oh yay! Didn't notice that yet! My birthday is the 4th so this year I can go away! Woohoo! I'll take the day for sure!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM

I take the entire week that the 4th of July falls in off.

We own a houseboat and that is my summer week vacation. We head out on the lake immediately after closing Friday the week before and I don't come back until the evening before I am due back at work.

Last edited by Blackcat31; 01-07-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

Hadn't gotten that far either but yes, I'm 99% sure I will be since the 4th is a Thursday.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Hurt Betrayed Confused

Oh, absolutely!

Last year I took 3 days since the fourth was on a wednesday. I didn't used to do extra days, but doggone it... I deserve it! I've also been taking more at Christmas. I used to just take 1 or 2, but now I'm always taking 3.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 PM

I'm debating on it. It would be a nice mid-year break w/4 days to regroup. Plus it would bring my scheduled days off to 10-a nice even number Unfortunately, none of my parents have that day off
Old 01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

after reading this i will be taking the day off i will need it i am sure!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 PM
mommyof5-and going crazy

I will now!! Just curious, is this paid? I get paid the 4th, do you ladies take a vacation day??
Old 01-07-2013, 01:09 PM

Yes, I am taking it as a paid vacation day/holiday.

Here are mine for the year:
K********* Childcare will be closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, July 5th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & Friday after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. If these dates fall on a child’s regularly scheduled day, they are considered paid holidays.

The provider may take up to three (3) additional paid personal, sick, or vacation days per calendar year. For 2013, these dates will be October 10th and 11th (WECA), and December 23.

Any additional time off initiated by the provider will be unpaid.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Nature Lover

This has got me thinking on what to do. A nice 4 day weekend wouldn't be bad but hubs thinks that he has to work that day. I have a feeling it would be a short day so maybe he could ask for it off. I would hate to be open and then only be needed till like noon or something. Time to sit down and figure this one out!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

I hadn't even looked at the calendar I think I will take Friday off, thanks for the post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Hurt Betrayed Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa1923 View Post
I will now!! Just curious, is this paid? I get paid the 4th, do you ladies take a vacation day??
All my holidays and vacation days are paid. I subtract for NOTHING. Not mine, not theirs, not for sicknesses of the kids, the parents, or me ... NOTHING. They pay the same exact amount rain or shine, up or down, here or not.

That being said, I only take 8 holidays and 8 vacation days (I say "only" because I've seen on here where some people take more than that), and my vacation days are spread out throughout the year.. rarely have I ever taken a full week at one time.

In 18 years I've called out sick TWICE, and I make all appointments during non-daycare hours. My parents have it pretty damn good, I'd say. I'm more reliable than anyone I know. And I don't say that in a cocky way, it's just a fact. Everyone I know (not speaking of daycare people here) calls in sick occasionally when they're not sick, and when they ARE sick, they end up taking an extra day. I literally NEVER do that. Twice in 18 years have I called out. So I think I deserve paid holidays and vacations.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa1923 View Post
I will probably take the actual holiday paid (as all my parents will be off and paid) and take an unpaid personal day for Friday as some of my parents may have to work. I charge slightly higher prices weekly to make up for time off.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:31 AM
mommyof5-and going crazy

I will be taking off the 4th and 5th but I close for all of the federal holidays as well the day after Christmas and thanksgiving. I also get 2 weeks of half pay vacations and 7 personal days.
With that being said, I get a lot of days so I think I will use it as a personal day.
All of my families get the same days off so I'm happy it works out.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:22 AM

I am.....and the whole following week for vacation as well! I will have 11days off in a row
Old 01-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I take the entire week that the 4th of July falls in off.

We own a houseboat and that is my summer week vacation. We head out on the lake immediately after closing Friday the week before and I don't come back until the evening before I am due back at work.
Me too! We go every single year that week to the U.P.of MIchigan with my hubby's side of the family and all rent cabins on the lake! I would so love to own a houseboat. That's what my husband wants to do when we retire. Post a pic of it!!! Would love to see it.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

Yes, I am taking July 5th as a paid personal day!!!

Tags
holidays - off