Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Handle the Situation?
LovelyK 09:21 PM 09-22-2019
Hi new member here & I need to vent a little bit. I've been keeping an almost 5 year old for 10 hours a day before school started & now almost 5 hours after school. Its been almost 2 months of consistently keeping the child & almost 4 months over all this year. I have watched her multiple times over the past couple of years & have had no problems. Now the problem that I have is being called & checked on everyday. The before school started calls went like...Is she awake? Did she eat? What did she eat? What is she doing? Did she use the restroom? What are we doing today? Now that school have started the questions are...Wheres (childs name)? How did she say her day went? Do she look ok? I know shes hungry you could give her so & so...She's probably tired & need a nap. This is every single day Monday through Friday. The child have even started to respect me more than her mom & the mom was the one who said that. I feel like there's no need to call everyday sure it was fine for the first couple of weeks but when I'm giving the same answers each day it's become a bit much. I've also said in the nicest way possible that I will call if needed or if something happens multiple times. Would you let the calls keep coming in or shut them down completely? How would you handle it?

Thanks -K
Tags:5 year old, disruptive behavior, drama for momma, drama triangle, graduated extinction, guilt, micro-managing, parental guilt
Up