Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Received Notice From Two Different Families In The Last 24 Hours UGH
busymommy0420 09:03 AM 05-20-2013
Last night I received an e-mail from my PT DCM. Her son comes two days a week and she gave me two weeks notice that Grandma will be watching him. Today a different DCM comes in and says in the fall she is becoming a stay at home Mom because the cost is too much for daycare. UGH I am losing $64 a week now and another $128 in the Fall. I will be down to three clients. I am not sure if I want to replace the children or start looking into something else. I have not been at my HAPPIEST doing daycare, it is so stressful at times and I miss grown ups. I also work 10 hours a week outside the home and LOVE it. Maybe I can pick up some more hours there???? What a Monday.
slorey 10:27 AM 05-20-2013
I am currently struggling with the same decision, except I am going to have no one after the end of June (planned for the summer off this year) and only 1 possible returning in Sept! Good luck, whatever you decide!
coolconfidentme 10:36 AM 05-20-2013
I gave notice on DCB & felt the UGHs! (loss of pay) Within a few hours I got 4 phone calls & 3 panned out into new kids!!!
Little Star75 10:41 AM 05-20-2013
I'm on the same boat, I'm down to only one dck
3amazingkiddos 11:09 AM 05-20-2013
I planned to have a light summer, so I only have 1 dck part time, then starting in Sept he'll be back to full time along with his new bro and I have another newbie starting in Sept as well. The prob is I just got word of a great job opportunity and now I'm torn. I had planned to go back to work in a year when all 3 of my kiddos will be in school full time, but this job could be really great for the long term and part of me really misses working outside of the home and adult conversation. Ugh! Good luck with your decision!
wdmmom 11:15 AM 05-20-2013
I'd put my feelers out now and see if you can find any new clients. Maybe they'll have great hours that will allow you to cut down from the 10 you work now.
busymommy0420 05:27 PM 05-20-2013
MAKE THAT THREE CLIENTS IN 24 HOURS...I am loosing my only two FT DCG's and my PT DCB so I will have NO ONE this summer and will have two after school kiddos in the fall. I was PARANOID that I offended everyone in some way but am over it now. I guess God wants me to have the summer off, so OK I will. It will be s struggle financially and my ego is a bit bruised. Two of the clients have been with me over two years and one over a year. My plans for now is to only do before and after school care going forward and to work my 10 hours a week outside the home. So much can change in a 24 hour period.
Little Star75 10:45 PM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by busymommy0420:
MAKE THAT THREE CLIENTS IN 24 HOURS...I am loosing my only two FT DCG's and my PT DCB so I will have NO ONE this summer and will have two after school kiddos in the fall. I was PARANOID that I offended everyone in some way but am over it now. I guess God wants me to have the summer off, so OK I will. It will be s struggle financially and my ego is a bit bruised. Two of the clients have been with me over two years and one over a year. My plans for now is to only do before and after school care going forward and to work my 10 hours a week outside the home. So much can change in a 24 hour period.
I'm with you on this one. I'm planning to do the same thing I will take the summer off and hoping just to do bef/aft school during fall. So lets see how it goes for both of us. Good luck to us!
Reply Up