Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
Josiegirl 02:41 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
Did a complete rearrange of my room last night and this morning. It's amazing how you can't see how much things aren't working until you fix it. The little guys have MORE range, the older kids have two nice spaces for play with small toys, arts, building, etc... And I can more easily control which toys are "out" and accessible.
Anytime you want to fly in and do mine, you're more than welcome. One question: where do you find the energy to do that at night after chasing kids all day???
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 01:58 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Anytime you want to fly in and do mine, you're more than welcome. One question: where do you find the energy to do that at night after chasing kids all day???
My energy came from a couple places: my thyroid medications are finally on point, the snow is taking FOREVER to melt, and we're waiting on some big news to come in which is also driving me insane. I'm a wreck.
storybookending 08:11 PM 04-20-2018
I started two new kids this month. Their moms are best friends and until recently one was a SAHM that took care of both boys. I knew the moms very casually in college, we were friendly but not the type of friends that ever hung out off campus. The kids are great. One boy has been here 3 weeks now and 1 has his first week this week. Both the moms have thanked me at pick up every single night so far. I am lucky that I do feel loved and appreciated by all of my current families but just hearing the words “thank you” from these moms so frequently has been great.
Josiegirl 02:54 AM 04-22-2018
It was beautiful outside yesterday! Around 50 and sunny. I raked, dragged out some of our summer stuff into the backyard. It's beginning to look more like a yard to play in rather than a bedraggled mud pit.
Josiegirl 09:50 AM 04-24-2018
Five dcks here and ALL 5 fell asleep by 12:30, even my 11 mo 'never sleeps anywhere except in a nursing hold or stroller' dcb!!! I am so excited! 11 mo fell asleep on his own yesterday too, took 15 min. of crying and he only slept for 20 minutes but hey....I'll take it. Today it took him less than 5 min. to fall asleep. There IS HOPE
Miss A 11:52 AM 04-25-2018
I just scored a Little Tikes Builder's Bay Sand and Water table for $15.00 on a local FB sale page! Definitely a positive for me because this was on my list for spring/summer purchases, and now I am not buying it at full price!
Jiminycrickets 04:02 PM 05-03-2018
Both DCF who were supposed to be here tomorrow are keeping their kids home instead. Freebie day off/early weekend for me!
Cat Herder 11:39 AM 05-04-2018
Only 3 more hours and I am done for 9 days. Heading to the bay for seafood, sunsets, live oak lined trails and quiet.

Sidenote: I've also got my super soaker ready for any drone who tries to ruin my rooftop bayou sunset view.
alyssahenderson 10:06 PM 05-09-2018
The weather is good, so me and the kids had decided to go for a picnic. I enjoyed it as well as my kids.
Miss A 07:14 AM 05-10-2018
A DCM and DCB presented me with a potted plant and a thank you note at drop-off this morning as an early Childcare Provider Appreciation Day gift. It is so nice to feel appreciated!
Josiegirl 02:36 AM 05-19-2018
I have a dcm who's normal. I love her. She was telling her dd why she needed to put her socks on; because otherwise her feet stink. Then she looks at me and apologizes. I told her I love a normal mom. She is so down to earth and easy to get along with. I wish she had an easier life. She's handling her 2 rambunctious little girls. She and her dh are estranged and it doesn't look good for getting back together.
She's been bringing her youngest dd in these cute new little shirts. That time of year to go shopping I guess. Yesterday her dd went home in that cute little yellow shirt, all covered in dirt. This dcg is 20 mo, and climbs, lives and breathes the dirt, as her mom knows. Dcg lays down and rolls in the dirt. It's certainly not the first time dcg has gone home looking like this. But her mom only says 'that's why I buy Tide'.
I'm going to buy her a huge thing of Tide. This mom is always bringing us extra bowls of fruit salad she's made too much of. Just stuff like that.

And 1 of my other dcfs is bringing me 10 bags of playsand this next week. And they're paying for it!! And this is the dcm of my 11 mo who would not sleep at all during the day, who now sleeps pretty well. I'm really glad I didn't let this dcf go because of sleep problems. They're really super in all other ways and very thoughtful AND appreciative. That counts for A LOT.
Unregistered 09:46 PM 05-22-2018
No biting in the Infant room today Therefore, NO incident reports!!!
DaveA 07:44 AM 05-23-2018
Yesterday was the first day of no pre-k. Tomorrow is early dismissal/ last day of school. I needed the light easy day I'm having today.
Jupadia 04:21 PM 05-30-2018
So not good part of this post is that a lot of the schools around here are old and in bad need of repairs. Not that repairs would help my sons school because it was built before they put stuff like that in. The classroom can broke and the test hers did the only thing they could, which was to send a memo home with students asking for a fan. No way would they acutely get funding for one.

Last night my MIL was over and saw the memo on our table told my FIL and this morning my sons classroom had a fan. As well another parent brought in a fan, which is great since the classroom is large enough to need two. My in laws can be great, as soon as my FIL heard his grandson was hot at school he helped fix it.
gumdrops 07:26 AM 06-01-2018
Started a new DCG yesterday. She cried when she woke up from nap. The positive of it is, I was reminded that all my other nappers stay quiet until I get them up. I forgot how frustrating it was to "train" little ones. Now I'm confidant that new DCG can be trained too!
Josiegirl 02:19 PM 06-08-2018
Positive thing that happened today was that the kids left. OMG what a day. Last day of school for my prek dcg and she was wired before she ever got here at 3:00, and then she had a mini cupcake to celebrate the twins' birthdays. She was literally jumping off the kitchen table before I could get them outside. Then she wanted to take a book outside so she could read to the others. I let her but made them all run for 20 minutes straight before she could sit down.
BumbleBee 05:54 PM 06-09-2018
5 yr old dcg. Been here since she was 3 months old. Starts school in the fall and her mama (teacher) recently quit her job.

So since we've been missing each other, we went on a date!

McDonald's, beach, playground, ice cream. 4 hours of just us and it was so much fun!

Hands down the best date I've ever had!
Josiegirl 02:54 PM 06-12-2018
I finally got my basement faucet fixed!!! I'm such a horrible procrastinator that I've been putting it off for probably 3-4 years. It's just been getting progressively worse but I didn't want to invest the $$$ to call in a plumber if it was an easy fix. Well, the guy had to cut pipes and solder on new pipes and added a couple shut-offs. It looks amazing and works even better. I'm happy it's done. I don't have the bill yet. But now I can run a hose outside, wash my car, play with water with the dcks, water my flowers and veggies without carting jugs of water. Yippee
Down to 2 more things to fix...my ceiling light in the kitchen and my landline phone. Have to call the phone company soon.
Cat Herder 08:48 AM 06-14-2018
I only have one DCK today.

No one is sick. All others are on vacations or day trips with parents/grandparents (Flag Day Celebrations).

DCK is an infant, under 6 months, so it has been such a laid back day. Will be here every minute from open to close, but at least holds own bottle and is a happy, gentle soul.
Josiegirl 09:44 AM 06-14-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
DCK is an infant, under 6 months, so it has been such a laid back day. Will be here every minute from open to close, but at least holds own bottle and is a happy, gentle soul.
Sounds like a nice quiet day. Hey, if it weren't for the age, I could be that person. I remember back in the day being a happy, gentle soul and holding my own bottle.
gumdrops 10:45 AM 06-15-2018
My 16 yr old DD just told me "Sometimes I wish you still worked outside of the home so you wouldn't be here all summer (when she's off work). But, I guess it's good that you can get the laundry done while you're home." I guess that's a win?! I'm pretty sure the laundry got done when I worked outside of the home, but we'll just pretend it didn't!
Josiegirl 02:05 AM 06-20-2018
Not dc related but a positive thing for me. It just seems like every single thing in my house is starting to break down. My landline stopped working about a month ago(not hearing it ring all the time due to solicitors was nice!)but I never did anything about it because I had my cell. Calling the phone co. finally reached the top of my to-do list and a really nice guy came and fixed it last night, within 45 minutes. So right away I got 2 'give me money' phone calls. But hey, another thing that works now. PLUS, when I asked him if I was going to get charged for it, he said no, because of where the break was located. So that was a relief. You always hear horror stories, ya know. And I don't know if it's just my imagination or what, but my internet seems to be faster now. It's through the same line. So yay!
Annalee 06:52 AM 06-27-2018
Today is my last day until July 5.
Josiegirl 03:51 AM 06-29-2018
I have a robin that built a nest right above one of my outdoor lights by the front door. We are always going in and out the door; she'll probably choose someplace quieter next spring. But 1 night I came into the house and caught 2 robins peering into the nest. Last night I was coming in and mama bird was feeding her babies; saw at least 3 little beaks reaching out. So cool!
Only thing I'm leery about is when they need to leave the nest, no branches or anything for them to get on. I'd like to build them a deck or something. Lol
Blackcat31 03:12 PM 06-29-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Today is my last day until July 5.
Have a great vacation!!!

My clock just struck 5:00 P.M. and I am turning out the lights and locking the door behind me and not looking back until July 9.

I told every single parent that if any of them calls, e-mails or texts while I am on vacation that I was going to add an inconvenience fee to their next invoice.
Annalee 08:42 PM 06-29-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Have a great vacation!!!

My clock just struck 5:00 P.M. and I am turning out the lights and locking the door behind me and not looking back until July 9.

I told every single parent that if any of them calls, e-mails or texts while I am on vacation that I was going to add an inconvenience fee to their next invoice.
Enjoy your time off!
ellen211 10:56 PM 07-01-2018
Me and my kids go for a walk in the park. They had met new friends. I really love spending some quality time with them.
Josiegirl 03:42 AM 07-04-2018
I glanced at my outside thermometer this a.m. and saw numbers UNDER 90!!!! In fact, it read 60.
LysesKids 04:34 AM 07-04-2018
I glanced at my outside thermometer this a.m. and saw numbers UNDER 90!!!! In fact, it read 60.
Lucky you... I'm in heaven because a daycare momma just loaded me up last night with zucchini & 'cukes from their garden; I have so much, I'll have to freeze, bake & pickle the lot over the next few days lol, plus just got told I have a few paid days off in 2weeks as the family is taking vacation time. (only babe at this time)
Jiminycrickets 12:20 PM 07-10-2018
Talked to all my parents this morning and arranged things so I will be off almost every Tuesday and closing at 5:30 instead of 6 starting in the fall. I will have a morning to myself and an afternoon with just my own 3 year old every week!
happymom 08:58 AM 07-18-2018
My sweet baby just got put on the daycare schedule to move to the THREE YEAR OLD CLASS.

He won't move until fall, but he finally meets all the criteria to move (no binky at nap, potty trained) so he is scheduled to move the week of his birthday

I realize that he is the same age my first son was when we decided to have another baby. We have decided not to have more kids, but it is kind of sad not to have a baby anymore.
Pepperth 09:02 AM 07-21-2018
I was browsing through a working mom facebook group I belong go, and a teacher posted regarding her daycare wanting money to hold a spot while the child was home for the summer. I cringed, thinking I knew where it was going, but everybody has defended the provider's need for a steady income. Its been very positive.
Annalee 06:51 AM 07-24-2018
Amidst so much negative persona of parents, I wanted to share something positive from this morning. My teacher parent I have had since the child was 6 weeks and is now 4 told me this morning that all her kindy teacher friends are always griping about how kids can't fasten belts or tie their shoes or pull up their clothes, etc. and asked her if she was sending her child to pre-k to learn those things. This teacher parent told them no, her child had learned and was learning all she needed for kindy and she would remain at her current child care program until then. Made me smile and feel good about what I do!
NiNi.R. 11:17 AM 07-25-2018
Teachers are at the local elementary school starting to clean out their classrooms and prepare for the new year. My DS has a friend, who's mom is the janitor. She called me and said the preschool teacher was throwing out tons of bulletin board items, unused construction paper, etc and asked if I wanted it.

uhhh heck yes I do!

I now have a two huge packs of gently used bulletin board themes for every holiday and season as well as a heavy duty calendar and weather chart for free!
LysesKids 03:21 PM 08-07-2018
Little man took his first step - the best part it was when Mom came to pick up today so she witnessed it; tomorrow is his 1st Birthday, and I'm making a small cake (as I do for all the 1st birthdays) right now... his mom is doing the one with Frosting & then another one on Saturday for the big family/friends party... thank goodness the only frosting that I put on is where the #1 candle goes lol. I don't do hyper babes
Josiegirl 02:13 AM 08-08-2018
Naps were taken by everyone yesterday. Even the 5 yo dcg who slept 12 hours the night before. And she was so much sweeter and kinder yesterday too!!! You can just tell the difference.
e.j. 12:06 PM 08-28-2018
The mail was delivered early today. While the kids were eating their lunch, I noticed an envelope that was addressed to me and the return address was that of a former day care family. Inside was a high school graduation picture of one of "my" kids from several years ago. On the back of the card, he wrote:

E.J.,
I am off to college tomorrow (he included the college name and his major). I would like to thank you for the care you provided me for many years early in my life. I believe we take a piece of our daily experiences and carry them into the next phase of our lives. Thank you for everything.

He was one of those kids who take a piece of your heart with them when they leave for kindergarten. Needless to say, his note made my day! Now I just have to stop tearing up so I can get through the rest of my day care day!
Blackcat31 12:34 PM 08-28-2018
Originally Posted by e.j.:
The mail was delivered early today. While the kids were eating their lunch, I noticed an envelope that was addressed to me and the return address was that of a former day care family. Inside was a high school graduation picture of one of "my" kids from several years ago. On the back of the card, he wrote:

E.J.,
I am off to college tomorrow (he included the college name and his major). I would like to thank you for the care you provided me for many years early in my life. I believe we take a piece of our daily experiences and carry them into the next phase of our lives. Thank you for everything.

He was one of those kids who take a piece of your heart with them when they leave for kindergarten. Needless to say, his note made my day! Now I just have to stop tearing up so I can get through the rest of my day care day!
That is absolutely priceless!
e.j. 08:05 PM 08-28-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is absolutely priceless!
It really is. He came to me as an infant. I had just decided I didn't want to take any more infants for awhile but my neighbor (his great grandmother) wouldn't take no for an answer and talked me into taking him. He was a tough baby to take care of and at first I regretted taking him on. I came "this close" to terming him but just as I worked up my courage to talk to his mother, she told me something that changed my mind. I decided to stick it out and right after that, was so happy I did. He turned out to be a little sweetheart. It would have been my loss if I had let him go when I had planned. I think about him every time I get one of "those" infants and it usually help me to hang in there when I want to quit.
Josiegirl 02:04 AM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by e.j.:
It really is. He came to me as an infant. I had just decided I didn't want to take any more infants for awhile but my neighbor (his great grandmother) wouldn't take no for an answer and talked me into taking him. He was a tough baby to take care of and at first I regretted taking him on. I came "this close" to terming him but just as I worked up my courage to talk to his mother, she told me something that changed my mind. I decided to stick it out and right after that, was so happy I did. He turned out to be a little sweetheart. It would have been my loss if I had let him go when I had planned. I think about him every time I get one of "those" infants and it usually help me to hang in there when I want to quit.
Sweetest story ever!
LysesKids 05:10 AM 08-29-2018
Not only did I find the books (the original ones I bought 3 years ago now are $2000 a set if you can even find them - no joke, so got different by same Author. Some of her books have gotten very spendy since she died), but I also ordered the handmade ornaments I give the DCK each year; best part is I found some of the party supplies cheaper than last year, so combined with leftover paper supplies, I'm set for the big December party except for making/buying foods.

The fact some of my aged out kids own some very pricey items was enough for me to contact parents & let them know that $10 gift from a few years ago was now, in some cases worth a lot of $$$ and unable to found lol
Josiegirl 09:43 AM 09-10-2018
I took the 2 little ones up our hill for a walk this a.m.; there's a farm up there so we got to see all the animals out. Then to add even more excitement to our adventure we had a couple dozen turkeys walk across the road right in front of us. I love it when simple pleasures are so entertaining to the kids.
Jiminycrickets 12:49 PM 09-13-2018
I have a DCB, about to turn 4, who started at the beginning of summer. He had never been in day care before (always with Grandma) so had no idea how to act in the setting and he drove me and everyone else insane for months. If it was a rule, he broke it, and couldn't seem to understand why he was always in trouble. I could see he was trying and he started to improve slowly, but it was a huge struggle for all of us.
Today, I didn't have to scold him, give a consequence, or put him in time-out for one thing. He was sweet with the littler kids, was genuinely helpful to me, listened right away when I asked him to do something.
Now at naptime, he is sitting on his mat looking at books and playing quietly with some soft blocks. I accidentally dropped a spoon cleaning up and it made a bit of a clatter. He looked at me, shook his head gently and put his finger to his lips and pointed to the baby sleeping near him.
I want to laugh at him and hug him at the same time. Total terror to quiet rule enforcer in 3.5 months. Good job, little guy.
Jiminycrickets 04:07 PM 09-13-2018
oops, double post.
Blackcat31 08:32 PM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by Jiminycrickets:
I have a DCB, about to turn 4, who started at the beginning of summer. He had never been in day care before (always with Grandma) so had no idea how to act in the setting and he drove me and everyone else insane for months. If it was a rule, he broke it, and couldn't seem to understand why he was always in trouble. I could see he was trying and he started to improve slowly, but it was a huge struggle for all of us.
Today, I didn't have to scold him, give a consequence, or put him in time-out for one thing. He was sweet with the littler kids, was genuinely helpful to me, listened right away when I asked him to do something.
Now at naptime, he is sitting on his mat looking at books and playing quietly with some soft blocks. I accidentally dropped a spoon cleaning up and it made a bit of a clatter. He looked at me, shook his head gently and put his finger to his lips and pointed to the baby sleeping near him.
I want to laugh at him and hug him at the same time. Total terror to quiet rule enforcer in 3.5 months. Good job, little guy.
That’s awesome!

I love those journeys!
Cat Herder 10:47 AM 09-14-2018
My husband is back home, from across the country, before the storm hits this time. I spent the whole week prepping so we will be able to just spend the weekend together relaxing. Power outages or not.
e.j. 03:30 PM 09-16-2018
I took the 2 little ones up our hill for a walk this a.m.; there's a farm up there so we got to see all the animals out. Then to add even more excitement to our adventure we had a couple dozen turkeys walk across the road right in front of us. I love it when simple pleasures are so entertaining to the kids.
Sweet! We have turkeys that walk through the yard now and then. The kids love watching them. Sometimes it's the simple things in life that bring the most joy.
Josiegirl 02:06 AM 09-22-2018
The past 3 weeks have been the best of dc I've had in a very long time. Even with starting a 4 mo this past Monday and worrying about what kind of a baby he'd be, it's been such a nice change. My 3 ft dcks are just turned 2 yo and under. The 4 and 5 yo dcks only come when not in school and that has been nice too.
And the baby, I think, is going to be so sweet!! The 1st day was tough and I kept thinking oh no, what did I get myself into?? But each day was progressively better with him.
Jupadia 01:05 PM 10-04-2018
Yaaa, only 2 hours to go and I'm off for the long weekend. We have Thanksgiving this weekend so I'm closed Monday I also took tomorrow as a vacation day. Tomorrow first thing we are packing our kids up (2 + 5 years) and going to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara falls. Grand parents and BIL (with wife and nephew) are headed there to.

Now I'm just watching the clock tick very slowly
BrynleeJean 12:59 PM 10-10-2018
I went on my first walk today with my DC kids (one really, and my own two)
its tough because i have one of my own that 3 months and the DCK is 5 months so their schedules clash and little DKB is still adjusting but finally got out there.
He was happy the whole time and we walked for almost 30 mins! saw decorations, i got to talk to my two year old about the decorations and halloween and just breathe, it was really really nice.
Annalee 02:29 PM 10-10-2018
Off until Monday!
sharlan 03:02 PM 10-11-2018
Couldn't walk, sit, or stand without excruciating pain this morning. I couldn't even tie my shoes. I snuck out during naptime and saw a new chiropractor. I love this man. I can, walk, sit, stand, bend over with absolutely no pain.

Yeah!!!
Josiegirl 01:49 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Couldn't walk, sit, or stand without excruciating pain this morning. I couldn't even tie my shoes. I snuck out during naptime and saw a new chiropractor. I love this man. I can, walk, sit, stand, bend over with absolutely no pain.

Yeah!!!
Amazing! So glad you found pain relief; sounds like you felt miserable.
Annalee 10:05 AM 10-15-2018
Started dcb18mos today...has done well....a couple meltdowns but is asleep on his cot now and hopefully will continue the transition to adjust well.
Rockgirl 10:52 AM 10-15-2018
We have a great routine going on here lately. After being in a bit of a funk the last few months, I’m really enjoying daycare again.
Cat Herder 12:06 PM 10-15-2018
The weather was perfect today and none of my neighbors set anything on fire to keep us from enjoying it for the entire outdoor playtime.
BrynleeJean 03:06 PM 10-17-2018
After two weeks with new DCB we are finally getting on a schedule and our days are going so much smoother!
nap times and feeding times are falling in line within a half hour of schedule and because of this DCBs crying is down to the minutes before the bottle is warmed or while he is getting comfy in his crib!
couldn't be happier!
Annalee 04:55 PM 11-19-2018
One more day and off till Monday....
Cat Herder 10:40 AM 11-26-2018
Today I learned Aleene's Tacky glue comes in glue sticks, easy to squeeze and even a pen.

https://www.aleenes.com/original-tacky-glue
sharlan 10:58 AM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Today I learned Aleene's Tacky glue comes in glue sticks, easy to squeeze and even a pen.

https://www.aleenes.com/original-tacky-glue
I love Aleene's. I used to watch her crafting show on tv.
sharlan 12:43 PM 11-26-2018
I just washed the very last of the Thanksgiving dishes.

Most got washed Thursday night. I left for Mom's early Friday and got home last yesterday afternoon.

I just went out back to water and found the turkey roaster on the patio. Oops!
Josiegirl 02:43 PM 11-26-2018
My state licensor showed up today at 1:00. She's new to this job but used to work for our local Resource and Referral Office so I've visited with her several times in other ways. She helped me a few years ago, supporting my start in the Stars program and she used to give lots of trainings. She's a wonderful and compassionate person, willing to help, encourages and supports providers as opposed to tearing them down. The visit went well. I just need to update my IPDP.
Phew, glad that's over with!!
Annalee 03:58 PM 11-26-2018
My state licensor showed up today at 1:00. She's new to this job but used to work for our local Resource and Referral Office so I've visited with her several times in other ways. She helped me a few years ago, supporting my start in the Stars program and she used to give lots of trainings. She's a wonderful and compassionate person, willing to help, encourages and supports providers as opposed to tearing them down. The visit went well. I just need to update my IPDP.
Phew, glad that's over with!!
My licenser came today, too, for a quarterly unannounced visit. (I get quarterly visits per year since I have the max stars...no stars get 6 visits per year. She scheduled my annual re-evalution for my license renewal paperwork/stars documentation for February(my license ends annually in April). I like her lots as well, but the mere reminder that the QRIS assessment is near comes so soon it seems each year. I so long for the day to "just" do daycare.....
Josiegirl 03:49 AM 11-27-2018
Walking out the door this morning, it's not quite 5 a.m., and it's been snowing that gorgeous white sticky snow that clings to everything. I live on a hill near lots of trees and a big field by a farm 2 doors up from me. I have a crab apple tree in my front yard, a tall pine and a tall maple tree in my backyard. The beauty of nature sometimes simply astounds me. It puts me in awe and makes me feel like I'm in a Thomas Kinkade painting.
Josiegirl 02:10 AM 12-20-2018
OT but one of my dds arrived last night for the holidays!! Haven't seen her since LAST Christmas time. Other dd and her bf will be here Sunday and I haven't seen her since Christmas either. How does a whole year go by without seeing your own kids.
I am so happy to see them!!!
No matter how challenging and difficult you can find your own little ones some days, enjoy their place in your lives every single minute that you can. It flies by in the blink of an eye.
Annalee 04:01 AM 12-20-2018
Today at 4:30......then time off till Jan 3.
amberrose3dg 04:25 AM 12-20-2018
Today at 4:30......then time off till Jan 3.
That's me.
Annalee 06:37 AM 12-25-2018
Told my boys (ages 15 and 17) not to get me up before 6 this morning and they were good about that But then we open presents and I am the one still up cooking while all are back in bed Wouldn't have it any other way! When they were small they would get up much earlier. I am happy they still love the excitement of Christmas morning. Many wonderful memories!
Flowerchild 09:45 AM 12-27-2018
Yesterday was good. Today not so much. My fave part of yesterday was my infant toddler mom came and saw her child being read to by me. The baby enjoyed it and smiled, putting her head on me and just being happy and listening and it really pleased the mom. I get so much negativity from parents or general thanks but nothing significant like" thanks for reading to my child. That's makes me happy. "That sentence alone made my day ��
Flowerchild 09:48 AM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
That's me.
Ive got today and tomorrow and a 4 day weekend. I wish i could run away to Jamaica
Cat Herder 10:22 AM 01-02-2019
Amazon first reads for prime is giving away two e-books this month instead of just one. Granted, I already love that they give one free per month.

I got The Killer Collective by Barry Eisler and The Snow Gypsy by Lindsay Jayne Ashford.
Josiegirl 10:25 AM 01-03-2019
A new 2 yo dcb started today; 3 days a week. And he did really well!! No previous group care experience at all so I was a bit nervous. The mom seemed truly happy about it all and relieved. Keep fingers crossed he'll stay until preschool(they already told me that's their plan)or until I retire.
Msdunny 01:57 PM 01-04-2019
I officially open on Monday, and just had a part-time mom call. She was only going to bring her LO 2 afternoons and 1 full day. She asked if I had an opening on another full day.

This is so exciting for me, because they felt that I wasn't asking enough and they offered to pay me more. I will have this LO the least amount of time during the week, but she is paying more than my other part-timers.

I am so ready for Monday!!
Josiegirl 10:32 AM 01-11-2019
Ill-advised, I know, but I am completely smitten with the 3 dcks I have today. Especially when they look like angels sleeping.
Josiegirl 10:21 AM 01-18-2019
3 hr. and 40 min.
3 hr. and 40 min.
3 hr. and 39 min.
3 hr. and 39 min.
Jupadia 02:55 PM 01-18-2019
Yesterday my youngest came down with a tummy bug, poor guy was throwing up and dry heaving (poor guy is just turned 3). It first happened around 4pm then I had 2 kids go home back to back within about 20min. My poor guy started the dry heaving. So this was not the good part. But my husband was not going to be home for a least 2 hours, my backup (mil) had my 5 year old at her place also sick who had to be picked up from school that day. I did something I've yet to had to do in the last 6 years, u called the mom of the one kid I had left and asked her to pick up early. They had no problems doing so, and dad was here in under 20 min. I was able to then give my guy a bath (cause he stinky from the vomit) and comfort him with out worrying about the dks. This morning the mom even texted and asked how my boys were doing. I've just got to say yaya for these parents.
Josiegirl 02:34 AM 01-20-2019
A dcm sent me an email yesterday saying she has tomorrow off so will be keeping her ds home.
It's the little things in life.
Josiegirl 02:36 AM 01-20-2019
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
Yesterday my youngest came down with a tummy bug, poor guy was throwing up and dry heaving (poor guy is just turned 3). It first happened around 4pm then I had 2 kids go home back to back within about 20min. My poor guy started the dry heaving. So this was not the good part. But my husband was not going to be home for a least 2 hours, my backup (mil) had my 5 year old at her place also sick who had to be picked up from school that day. I did something I've yet to had to do in the last 6 years, u called the mom of the one kid I had left and asked her to pick up early. They had no problems doing so, and dad was here in under 20 min. I was able to then give my guy a bath (cause he stinky from the vomit) and comfort him with out worrying about the dks. This morning the mom even texted and asked how my boys were doing. I've just got to say yaya for these parents.
I hope your ds is feeling much better!!! I remember those days when there were 5 of us living together; a bug would go through everybody one at a time. So miserable. Hope everyone recovers quickly and momma gets to rest too.
Annalee 05:23 PM 01-20-2019
Long weekend for me.....no daycare tomorrow!
Josiegirl 03:15 AM 01-21-2019
Two out of my 6 dcks won't be here today due to the holiday.
DaveA 03:34 AM 01-21-2019
Two out of my 6 dcks won't be here today due to the holiday.
Probably only have 2 here also.
BumbleBee 06:17 AM 01-21-2019
I am ridiculously happy about having squeaky snow right now.
Blackcat31 06:07 PM 01-21-2019
We don’t have a “random share” thread but thought I’d share what my trail cam in the back yard caught the other day
(120 or less ft from my back door)
Attached: 5FDC42F9-86A0-4FBB-8CFE-0A97830E323E.jpeg (264.5 KB) 
happymom 11:45 AM 01-22-2019
Is it a coyote?
Blackcat31 12:30 PM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by happymom:
Is it a coyote?
We can’t decide if it’s a coyote or a wolf.
We have both around but it’s awfully big (and alone) for a coyote.
Annalee 10:32 AM 01-24-2019
Assessment over and done for another year.
Josiegirl 09:42 AM 01-29-2019
All 5 dcks are sleeping!!
Cat Herder 11:01 AM 01-29-2019
Assessment over and done for another year.
Congrats!!!
happymom 10:09 AM 01-30-2019
My husband surprised our 3 year old with a toy kitchen he scored on FB Marketplace for $30. Came with a ton of play food, too.

So I surprised my 6 year old with an easy bake oven. Both toys are in my kitchen!

I am loving having them around (and busy/not demanding things from me) while I am working in the kitchen!
amberrose3dg 03:52 AM 02-01-2019
School is closed today
Annalee 03:59 AM 02-01-2019
It's FRIDAY!
Josiegirl 04:08 AM 02-01-2019
It's FRIDAY!
I'll second that !!
Josiegirl 10:36 AM 02-08-2019
Beautiful sunny day, about 50, love it! Snow is melting fast, and the rest of it can't go fast enough.
And lookee here, it's Friday again!
Jupadia 09:15 AM 02-20-2019
Not daycare related but my sons birthday cake came out well and I wanted to share. He lent his lego minifigures for the guys on the cake.

It's a heroes vs villians
Attached: 1b.jpg (178.4 KB) 1c.jpg (216.0 KB) 
Blackcat31 09:44 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
Not daycare related but my sons birthday cake came out well and I wanted to share. He lent his lego minifigures for the guys on the cake.

It's a heroes vs villians
how awesome!!
Cat Herder 10:32 AM 02-20-2019
"If you’re mad about what an old man who was born at the turn of the century said 50 years ago and you aren’t marveling at how far society has come since then, you’re part of the problem that really prefers not having a solution."

A comment that won the internet today.
Cat Herder 10:33 AM 02-20-2019
That cake is really cool.
Jupadia 11:00 AM 02-20-2019
Thanks twice a year (for each kid) I go over board and have fun with cakes, this guy wanted a wakanda scene (avengers), a building for spiderman, (bought the cake iceing sheet for the buliding you can get it any pic printed on icing). I picked doing the galaxy cake, had a fail last year with the glaze so I wanted to try again.
Josiegirl 02:42 PM 03-11-2019
I needed to get my dog into the vet today and didn't have any clue what to do. So I sent a text to the 2 dcms I had during that time frame and asked them if they'd be able to come to my house and be with their kiddos for less than an hour while I took her to the vet. They were both very happy to do it.
These are 2 of the best dcms ever!!
Hunni Bee 11:56 AM 03-12-2019
*knock on wood* My 5 year old hasn't been sick all winter, outside of some minor sinus stuff. No viruses, no flu, no bronchitis! She has had perfect attendance since school started
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 
Reply Up