Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do I just let her cry??
LeslieG 11:52 AM 04-29-2014
7 month old dcg rarely takes good naps for me anymore! And I just don't know what to do!

She'll wake up after about 20 mins in to her nap screaming. I know she's still tired because when she wakes up not tired, she does not scream. She wants me to go in there and hold her every time she wakes up, but I feel as though that's only making her sleeping habits worse.

So what do I do?? (She's screaming her lungs out right now as I write this)... My housing situation does not really make CIO a friendly option, as I live in the upper level of an apartment and I know the woman below is home all day. I don't want to bother her.. so I just don't know what to do?
Play Care 12:36 PM 04-29-2014
Is she teething? That's how my one infant would behave when he was teething.
Blackcat31 01:54 PM 04-29-2014
Originally Posted by LeslieG:
7 month old dcg rarely takes good naps for me anymore! And I just don't know what to do!

She'll wake up after about 20 mins in to her nap screaming. I know she's still tired because when she wakes up not tired, she does not scream. She wants me to go in there and hold her every time she wakes up, but I feel as though that's only making her sleeping habits worse.

So what do I do?? (She's screaming her lungs out right now as I write this)... My housing situation does not really make CIO a friendly option, as I live in the upper level of an apartment and I know the woman below is home all day. I don't want to bother her.. so I just don't know what to do?
How is she put to bed at home? Is she held? If she is not proficient in self-soothing, she will need to be taught how to fall asleep and stay asleep at home so that it isn't YOUR issue at daycare...kwim?

I don't normally concern myself too much about what happens at home but when dealing with an infant, it is vital that you and the parents are on the same page when it comes to eating and sleeping.
cheerfuldom 02:09 PM 04-29-2014
eek. this is going to be a tough one with the apartment situation. I don't know that it can be solved without some crying, and perhaps a lot of crying. Sounds like mom is holding baby during naps, co-sleeping or putting baby in a swing for sleep. there is a reason why she is waking after just a few minutes. normally I would talk to mom but yes, put on a "sleep training" type routine but again, doesnt sound like that is an option if you are trying to avoid crying because of the neighbors. not sure how this is going to work but i would start with a discussion with mom. How is she putting her down to bed? where? does she use anything during naps like white noise, paci, lovey, blankets or does she hold, sleep with or swing baby during naps? is there a consistent routine at home? what can you do to agree on a consistent routine for baby? if mom is not willing to work with you, this is not going to work at all.
DaisyMamma 11:19 AM 05-01-2014
Check her diaper and lay her back down. If she prefers to scream so be it. Maybe some music will help her and the neighbor?
That's a really hard situation. She will grow out of it :|
SunshineMama 12:12 PM 05-01-2014
My son was like that. I just got him up after the 20 minutes, then put him back to sleep exactly 2 hours after he last woke up. Sometimes he took 3-4 naps per day. Some babies aren't ready to sleep that long yet. He eventually slept longer around 9-10 months. It is exhausting, but they get over it eventually. The key is every 2 hours, so they arent over tired.
Reply Up