Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anyone Nap Babies Outside?
jenboo 09:58 AM 05-01-2017
For summer, i am only going to have 2or 3 morning nappers out of 10 kids. Right now, my husband stays inside with them while the rest of us are outside. I'm considering napping them outside so we can all be outside.
Has anyone done this before? Does it work?

I can set them up on the side of the house so that they are not in the middle of the play area.
Blackcat31 10:14 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by jenboo:
For summer, i am only going to have 2or 3 morning nappers out of 10 kids. Right now, my husband stays inside with them while the rest of us are outside. I'm considering napping them outside so we can all be outside.
Has anyone done this before? Does it work?

I can set them up on the side of the house so that they are not in the middle of the play area.
I've napped many babies outside.

I just have to follow the same safe sleep guidelines as I do inside. Approved PNP, properly fitted sheet, no blankets in crib with baby. (Under 12 months) Over 1 yrs old and they can nap on a blanket on the ground if I wanted them too.
jenboo 11:48 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I've napped many babies outside.

I just have to follow the same safe sleep guidelines as I do inside. Approved PNP, properly fitted sheet, no blankets in crib with baby. (Under 12 months) Over 1 yrs old and they can nap on a blanket on the ground if I wanted them too.
Awesome! It will be so nice for everyone to be outside
JackandJill 12:22 PM 05-01-2017
I just bring the pnp out with me! I follow all the same rules as if they are sleeping inside.

I am so jealous of them as they snooze away, nothing better than a nap in the fresh air!
Jupadia 01:44 PM 05-01-2017
I've naped my own. I just used my double stroller (back seat laid flat) for my own guy who was just 6m last year during summer. Don't have any slept regs so did not have to worry about pack play outside. But since stroller goes flat baby was fine.
Controlled Chaos 03:27 PM 05-01-2017
Yep, same as the others- pac n play outside and make sure they are in the shade
hwichlaz 09:57 AM 05-03-2017
I take the porta cribs outside, stick it under a tree and sometimes add clamp on beach umbrellas. Tree shade isn't always enough. My own baby got her first sunburn napping in the shade of a tree.
kendallina 10:29 AM 05-03-2017
That sounds lovely, I want to nap outside!
Reply Up