Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Here NOT Have A Fenced In Backyard?
LadyK8 04:27 PM 04-11-2014
I don't have a fenced in backyard, therefore I can't carry out outside activities, since it goes out to a main road. How do you manage?
Cradle2crayons 04:34 PM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by LadyK8:
I don't have a fenced in backyard, therefore I can't carry out outside activities, since it goes out to a main road. How do you manage?
No fences here either. I live about 300 yards in the woods. But I'm legally unlicensed so I don't need a fence anyway. The road I live off of, although very rural, is a highway.
Unregistered 04:39 PM 04-11-2014
Licensed providers here are required to have outdoor time, quite a lot of it. Fences are required too if there are any hazards like busy streets, water or railroad.
NeedaVaca 05:02 PM 04-11-2014
How did you get licensed without approved/fenced outdoor space?
nothingwithoutjoy 05:17 PM 04-11-2014
My yard is not fenced, nor is it required to be fenced. I'm considering a fence because I could then let the older kids out alone, but for now, it's fine as is.

I teach all kids the boundaries right away--trees on one side, bush on another, etc. When they start to go over the line, I remind them "that's not my yard; come back into my yard." If they head toward the road, I go for the quicker, more direct "stop!" said with words and sign language. They learn the boundaries quickly, and stay in the yard.
LadyK8 05:51 PM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
How did you get licensed without approved/fenced outdoor space?
There's a playground right down the street.
NeedaVaca 07:19 PM 04-11-2014
So why don't you go there? I live by several parks and I take the kids in a stroller.
mema 08:00 PM 04-11-2014
I don't have a fence. Sometimes I wish I did, more for the dog then the kids tho. The kids learn fast the boundaries. They don't juse my whole yard either. I have an area that is for them and an area for the dog-they don't get to mix. It takes the young ones a few times, but since there are no toys near the boundaries, they don't hang out there long. We also go to the local park almost daily during the nicer weather!
MsLaura529 05:17 AM 04-12-2014
We don't have a fence, either. Not required unless we have a water hazard - and according to my inspector, we don't (although we technically have "wetlands" on our property that aren't ever wet). We can't have a fence per our association, so DH and I are trying to think of a way to make a temporary fencing solution, one that can be put up and taken down every day. It will be a pain, but sooo worth it. We are thinking simple wood posts, with rope strung through (a double layer) and then I can just set those up each time we're out and take it back down and hide it under the play structure.
LadyK8 09:16 AM 04-12-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
So why don't you go there? I live by several parks and I take the kids in a stroller.
We will be going there. I was just thinking about science and gardening projects that I'd want to do with the kids outside. We wouldn't be able to do that at the park down the street. It's really small, and during warmer months alot of children are there.
Tags:backyard fence, fence
Reply Up