Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:07 PM

Default Fun Activity/Snack With The Kiddos!! Mini Donuts

So tonight I was at the grocery store (Kroger) and in browsing the rest of the seasonal stuff, I noticed that they had this little donut maker (makes 6 mini donuts, The Perfect Mini Donut Maker) on sale for 50% off, making it a mere $12. I decided to go ahead and get it since a) I can't have gluten and GF donuts are expensive and b) it looked like fun.

OMG, I'm making donuts right now and they're really tasty! Easy to mix, easy to cook, easy to clean up. Since they are basically baked, NOT fried, I can't see where they're any worse than a muffin or a few graham crackers. They are the perfect little mini size for kids.

So, if you see one of these on sale, I would totally pick one up! I can see having a LOT of fun with this--different recipes, glazes, etc. If anyone gets one, let me know, and I can share the tips I have figured out to make them easier.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:22 AM
Little People

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
So tonight I was at the grocery store (Kroger) and in browsing the rest of the seasonal stuff, I noticed that they had this little donut maker (makes 6 mini donuts, The Perfect Mini Donut Maker) on sale for 50% off, making it a mere $12. I decided to go ahead and get it since a) I can't have gluten and GF donuts are expensive and b) it looked like fun.

OMG, I'm making donuts right now and they're really tasty! Easy to mix, easy to cook, easy to clean up. Since they are basically baked, NOT fried, I can't see where they're any worse than a muffin or a few graham crackers. They are the perfect little mini size for kids.

So, if you see one of these on sale, I would totally pick one up! I can see having a LOT of fun with this--different recipes, glazes, etc. If anyone gets one, let me know, and I can share the tips I have figured out to make them easier.

This looks like it could be fun with my age group. I am going to look at our Kroger this weekend.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:09 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I bought a cake pan that you put in the oven (mini dounuts) and the kids loved it too, I do need to good recipies because the one I used said to use one tsp of coffee and it was a bit strong but still good (choco donuts)
Old 12-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Wow! Sounds yummy!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:48 AM

Oooooh!! I sooooo want one of those but I know if I get one I will be on the 'vent thread' all the time complaining about how I can't post any good news on the 'lose weight with me thread'!!! I'm out. (But, I REALLY love donuts!) Okay, I'm in....No, wait, I'm out.....Makes dounuts that quick huh? Okay I'm in........No, I HAVE to have some self control this New Year so I am out. .....

But maybe you could post some pictures of the donuts when you make them?!?!?! That might help.....
Old 12-30-2010, 08:35 AM

Makes 'em in less than 5 minutes. They're really cute and small--only 1.5 or 2 inches in diameter. I made some last night but didn't think to take pictures. I'm making them again this weekend for NYD and I"ll post pics then.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Happy cause Im insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post

Im gonna have to hit up the marketplace too! The little kroger down the road from me hardly has two types of apples. I doubt theyd have this.

Tags
donuts, snacks