Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>10 Things Childcare Providers Won't Tell You
Kaddidle Care 02:58 PM 04-13-2011
Did anyone see this today? Thought I would share - not sure if anyone already shared this - I'm a bit late getting on here today.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/moments...l-you-2472137/
Meeko 03:20 PM 04-13-2011
I agreed with a lot, but not #1! I do not work for the parents. I am self-employed and I work for myself. I offer a service which people are free to buy IF and only IF I think they will be a good fit for my day care. At interview time I do as much interviewING as the parent does.
Kaddidle Care 03:27 PM 04-13-2011
So you don't expect your clients to treat with you respect? Really?

1. The way you treat your childcare provider matters

You might be in a rush to drop off your child at daycare or pick them up on your way home, but that's no reason to not take a moment to be kind to your childcare provider. "The parent should speak to the childcare provider in the way they want their child to act: Courteous, use pleases and thank-you's," said Mathilda Williams, who runs an in-home childcare facility in New Jersey. "Yes, the childcare provider works for you, but that doesn't mean they can be treated without respect. If the child sees his mom or dad speaking to the provider without respect, this is what he will learn."

I have found this to be very true.
snbauser 03:54 PM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
So you don't expect your clients to treat with you respect? Really?

1. The way you treat your childcare provider matters

You might be in a rush to drop off your child at daycare or pick them up on your way home, but that's no reason to not take a moment to be kind to your childcare provider. "The parent should speak to the childcare provider in the way they want their child to act: Courteous, use pleases and thank-you's," said Mathilda Williams, who runs an in-home childcare facility in New Jersey. "Yes, the childcare provider works for you, but that doesn't mean they can be treated without respect. If the child sees his mom or dad speaking to the provider without respect, this is what he will learn."

I have found this to be very true.
She was not saying that she didn't want to be treated with respect. She was disagreeing with the part that says "the childcare provider works for you". And FTR I totally agree. I do not work FOR the daycare parents. I offer a service they can chose to use or not.
Kaddidle Care 04:33 PM 04-13-2011
Ah - gotcha - sorry.
Meeko 05:34 AM 04-14-2011
I should have clarified which part I disagreed with! Yes...just the "works for you" part. I actually DEMAND respect from both children AND their parents!
Tags:fun, providers
Reply Up