Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>50 Cents
dave4him 06:31 AM 10-31-2012
Little DCK came in today wearing a sweater with a .50 sticker on it, i imagine from a garage sale or goodwill. Imagine it probably wasnt washed. Its going to warm up today so i might just stick it outside on the porch and not plan any outings till later today
Unregistered 06:36 AM 10-31-2012
What's wrong with goodwill or garage sale items? Why would you just assume it wasn't washed? Some of your comments come off as a little rude and judgemental.
JenNJ 06:49 AM 10-31-2012
Are you sure? My kids actually like those stickers just because they are stickers and use them as such. It doesn't matter if it is Spiderman or $1.00 pricetag -- a sticker is a sticker.
daycarediva 07:24 AM 10-31-2012
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
Are you sure? My kids actually like those stickers just because they are stickers and use them as such. It doesn't matter if it is Spiderman or $1.00 pricetag -- a sticker is a sticker.
Here too. I bought those garage sale stickers as price tags for them to play with (there are numerous amounts of them all over the kitchen food) some get stuck to socks, shoes and other clothes as well.
Willow 07:32 AM 10-31-2012
I get clothes from friends and families' garage sales all the time. And hand me downs that had been marked for sale but never did sell so they were just tossed into a garbage bag given to us while making the rounds through my extended family to pick through.

I've never seen anyone try to sell unwashed/unclean clothes at a garage sale so seeing a sticker marking it as previously owned wouldn't be any concern for me.

As long as the sweater is clean I'd simply pluck the sticker.
lovemykidstoo 07:38 AM 10-31-2012
I wouldn't worry about it either. I'm sure it's clean and fine. It could be too a child playing with a sticker. Either way, no biggie. Unless it stinks to high heaven I would keep it on him/her. I actually was at the thrift store last weekend looking for things for the school play and I was in heaven. There is a new thrift store here and it's awesome!! I love scoring a bargain. Used to shop all the time at garage sales when my kids were younger. Now I can't get the good deals cause they're older.
littlemissmuffet 07:45 AM 10-31-2012
Unless it smells bad or is seriously dirty... I would just leave it. Like PPs said, it might just be that the child found some stickers and was playing!
Willow 07:50 AM 10-31-2012
lmkt - thrift stores are the only places I'll shop for clothing personally. My kids grow like weeds and I'll be dipped if I'm going to pay $20-30 for a pair of jeans my kids are going to wear for a month lol.

Once Upon A Child stores are my favorite....a lot of it is garage sale reject clothing. As in it's labeled for sale from them but still has garage sale stickers on it too ha! What I put my kids in may be second hand (squared!) clothes but they are still dressed better than most. I am a total label snob and nothing brings me more pleasure than picking up GAP, Childrens Place, Justice and Columbia for a couple of bucks an item....if I don't bring bags of my own in to earn me credit so I walk out with new items that fit for FREE that is!!!

Since I spend my days getting barfed on and filthy outside I'm not going to pay $80 for a pair of Silver jeans only to destroy them when I can pay $5 at the local Goodwill. Keeps me dressed the way I like, keeps money in my pocket to do fun things with my family AND supports a great charitable organization!
dave4him 08:18 AM 10-31-2012
I have no problem with it other than i thought it was funny! Chill out already. I buy garage sale stuff too. Though the kid does come in smelling like smoke and wet dog a lot and his aunt told me yesterday she buys all his stuff at good will so its not a judgment its just fact. And i thought it was funny that he cost .50 today is all
Scout 08:21 AM 10-31-2012
Dave, i don't know if i would take it off but, I have to agree with you. I probably would've assumed dcp did not wash it either!
dave4him 08:23 AM 10-31-2012
Originally Posted by aprilsfool77:
Dave, i don't know if i would take it off but, I have to agree with you. I probably would've assumed dcp did not wash it either!
To warm for it now anyway We are all in short sleeves
seebachers 08:27 AM 10-31-2012
bahahaha Dave..........sometimes I wouldn't sell 'em (my daycare kids) for a million dollars.....other days.......I might just pay someone the 50 cents
LOL
Oneluckymom 09:28 AM 10-31-2012
I think dave was trying to say The child came in with a price tag...and cost .50.

But it came across differently.
jenn 09:40 AM 10-31-2012
Maybe it's for Halloween. What are you dressed as? A discounted kid, I only cost 50 cents!
My daughter gets hand me downs, and I never wash them, but I know where they came from. I'll admit to being a garage sale/goodwill snob, not that I don't buy from them, but that I wash them before wearing them.
dave4him 10:03 AM 10-31-2012
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
I think dave was trying to say The child came in with a price tag...and cost .50.

But it came across differently.
Yeah that is what i meant to say
itlw8 11:03 AM 10-31-2012
I sent my dgd off to school one day. When she came home she had a $1 sticker on her. I know where it came from and I know I washed the outfit she had worn it before... so 2x she wore it with that sticker. I was embarrassed and did not tell her Daddy LOL
Sugar Magnolia 11:28 AM 10-31-2012
Originally Posted by seebachers:
bahahaha Dave..........sometimes I wouldn't sell 'em (my daycare kids) for a million dollars.....other days.......I might just pay someone the 50 cents
LOL
I nominate this post "Post of the Day"
Reply Up