Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Still Nervous, But Better..
Mister Sir Husband 05:58 PM 07-11-2013
So I posted here earlier that I'm a bit nervous about the decision I made to open a daycare. I'm still feeling this way, but not as much as I was. Construction in my basement is almost done, carpet guy coming next Friday, NYS will be here to look over what I've done so far and advise whats left to finish, and my wife and I are on line now designing my company logo to open JimNaisium Childcare hopefully by September. Still hoping I made the right decision, but at this point .... well.... I'm all in.
Scout 06:11 PM 07-11-2013
please don't hesitate to post the finished pics!
makap 06:30 PM 07-11-2013
When I started I jumped in with both feet. It was either sink or swim!

There were times where I felt I was just barely above the water when it came to confidence but I gained more confidence everyday. It is now 20+ years later and I NEVER have openings.

Confidence will come to you too. :-) It is just fear of the unknown.

Good luck to you. Please post pictures of your logo.
AcornMama 06:56 PM 07-11-2013
I'm right there with you! I've met all my licensing requirements (as far as I can tell) and am just waiting for my consultant to schedule a visit and finalize things. I've re-done flooring in one room, painted two, reworked how we're using the rooms in our house, and made a BIG all day, fortune-spent trip to Ikea to daycare-ify my house.

I've also planned and doubted and re-planned my policies, schedules, rates, you name it. Once I think I've settled on something, I totally doubt myself.

It's an exciting and scary place to be all at once, huh? Good luck!
Mister Sir Husband 07:13 PM 07-11-2013
Originally Posted by AcornMama:
I've also planned and doubted and re-planned my policies, schedules, rates, you name it. Once I think I've settled on something, I totally doubt myself.
I'm doing this now as well...
Lyss 08:17 PM 07-11-2013
Its a bit overwhelming and scary at first but I'm sure that you'll do great!

Definitely add some pictures when you get it complete!

Originally Posted by AcornMama:
I'm right there with you! I've met all my licensing requirements (as far as I can tell) and am just waiting for my consultant to schedule a visit and finalize things. I've re-done flooring in one room, painted two, reworked how we're using the rooms in our house, and made a BIG all day, fortune-spent trip to Ikea to daycare-ify my house.

It's an exciting and scary place to be all at once, huh? Good luck!
I've been up and running for a long time now and I'm still doing this!
Moppetland 07:39 AM 07-12-2013
I had my home day care open for 3.5 years and closed it to go work in a preschool. That didn't work out. Now I'm in the process of getting my license back because I relinquished it when I closed the first time. This time I am using my whole basement for my child care and I'm more doubtful and nervous this time around. You would think that after being open before, it wouldn't be no problem. Only a year has elapsed, but so many changes have taken place. Just like one poster said, you either sink or swim, but it sounds like you'll swim . Just continue to take your time and do what you need to do and have faith.
Blackcat31 08:06 AM 07-12-2013
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
So I posted here earlier that I'm a bit nervous about the decision I made to open a daycare. I'm still feeling this way, but not as much as I was. Construction in my basement is almost done, carpet guy coming next Friday, NYS will be here to look over what I've done so far and advise whats left to finish, and my wife and I are on line now designing my company logo to open JimNaisium Childcare hopefully by September. Still hoping I made the right decision, but at this point .... well.... I'm all in.
the name!! Really creative
Mister Sir Husband 10:26 AM 07-12-2013
Ok, guy from nys just called and rescheduled for Monday. Would rather he just be here than have to wait 2 more days..
AcornMama 01:07 PM 07-12-2013
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
Ok, guy from nys just called and rescheduled for Monday. Would rather he just be here than have to wait 2 more days..
Must be going around. Just got a call from the licensing consultant the state assigned to me that her territory has changed and she has to forward my packet to a supervisor who will forward it to a new consultant. Who knows how long all of that will take.

Love working with the government!
Tags:starting a daycare
Reply Up