Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Government Funding Taking 6+ Months?!?!
Christina72684 07:51 PM 06-03-2011
I'm opening my daycare home next week and applied for government funding (known as CCDF, formally 4C, in Indiana) so low income families can come to my DC practically free of charge. I had no clue that there was a waiting list and I have 2 families already wanting to come to my DC that can't afford it without CCDF. I asked around to see how long the waiting list is, and someone told me 6-10 MONTHS!! Are you kidding me?!?! What are these families supposed to do? What am I supposed to do since I can't get these kids and am losing the opportunity to have them? This is horrible! Any other state having the same problem?
rjskids 09:53 PM 06-03-2011
I am having the same problem in Iowa. I haven't ever heard of a waiting list but I applied back in March and a week ago the DHS worker told me it could take another month for me to be approved. I talked to someone else today that said it only took them 2 weeks! I don't get it...
KEG123 05:30 AM 06-04-2011
I had to wait about 2 months, but not because of a waiting list. The mom contacted me before she applied, then she applied, it took a month for her to be approved, then they sent the paperwork to me to fill out, then another month to approve. Then she started the beginning of may. It sucks, but I had nobody else enrolling anyways so it worked out. Had I of filled the spots, then it would have been their loss.
Tags:ccdf, funding, illinois
Reply Up