Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opinions On Table, Please?!?
pappyny 01:25 PM 07-28-2012
Hello fellow providers -

I need some help making a decision about a table. I recently sold my daycare table to purchase a regular table (the one I use for our learning activities) that I am having my husband refinish for me. I was going to have him cut down the legs to make it child height and use child size chairs. I have been searching for child size chairs and cannot find anything that I like. I am really trying to do away with all things plastic in my daycare. I found chairs in the color I want, but not the style, so I was considering just having him leave the table normal height (legs are 28 1/2") and using regular size chairs. I know that the kids I have enrolled use normal chairs at home for dinner and things like that. I could add a cushion or booster seat if necessary to give some added height. I am also starting before and after school care this year
2-5yr. olds and 1 6 yr. old, plus my 4 children ages 6-12. It would make it easier for them to do school work. The other children would only be there for my preschool program, ages 3-5. We use this table for all their learning activites, crafts etc.
Do you think this is a bad idea that I would regret down the road? Should I just stick with the regular idea of cutting down the legs and get over the fact that I don't like the chairs?

(Sorry if it seems like I bounced around a lot to explain all this)

Thanks!
Up